#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Has anyone noticed that even though she isn't the star, we have a movie with Jennifer Lawrence in it and there has been no Futurist

Yeah pretty surprising.  Well he is not the only one doing something in the theater.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/jennifer-lawrence-big-draw-for-x-men-fans-survey-finds-1201190379/

Jennifer Lawrence Big Draw for ‘X-Men’ Fans, Survey Finds

Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t a household name when “X-Men: First Class” hit theaters in 2011. Three years later, she has an Oscar on her mantel thanks to “Silver Linings Playbook,” and a monster franchise in her quiver with the global success of “The Hunger Games.”

Lawrence’s rising star is paying off for the latest “X-Men” adventure. Nearly three-quarters of ticket buyers said that they were motivated to see “X-Men: Days of Future Past” because of her role as the shape-shifting Mystique, according to a survey by online ticketer Fandango.

“X-Men: Days of Future Past” opened in theaters on Thursday night and is expected to dominate the Memorial Day box office. Fandango reports that it is responsible for more than 90% of its weekend pre-sales.

The Fandango study is unscientific and the sample size of 1,000 participants is small, but it does show that the decision to have Lawrence’s character factor into the plot more centrally this time round was a wise one. Mystique is front-and-center in the film’s posters and marketing materials and the fate of mutant-kind rests in her scaly blue hands.

Among other findings, 88% of those surveyed said they have seen the previous “X-Men” movies on the big screen and 82% are looking forward to the next film in the franchise, “X-Men: Apocalypse.” That film lands in theaters in 2016, but “Days of Future Past” has a post-credits teaser that may give fans a glimpse of what they can expect from the follow-up.

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? They can't keep even meet the demand. They weren't even prepared for the phenomenal sales of merchandise

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/retail/frozen-frenzy-creates-shortage-for-elsa-anna-merchandise/2180802.

Its success has led to a global shortage of licensed goods, forcing desperate parents to stalk stores and websites for the elusive dolls, plush toys and dresses that in some cases have sold for hundreds of dollars over retail price.

Even Houdini would be impressed at how quickly this stuff disappears.

That Disney merchandising machine just keeps on going and going like the energizer bunny.

• Like 2

I'm kind of rooting a year or so from now when little ED says his first words it's Bane like.Or perhaps I'm wondering why someone would hid my pacifier instead of throwing it away.

• Like 2

Either that or I am just coming up with crazy rationales so that Spidey ends up in Marvel's hands.

Yes. :)"Continues on a downward spiral"? Yes, if Sony decides to spend another 400-odd million to make and market TASM3, then they might lose some money in the long run. Some money. Not tons. However, that assumes that they won't try to do anything different financially... which seems pretty dubious to me. Let's say Sony's film production gets sold off from the main company. They wouldn't sell Spidey back to Marvel for money at that point -- it would be a major jewel in the library for whoever bought them!

I'm kind of rooting a year or so from now when little ED says his first words it's Bane like.Or perhaps I'm wondering why someone would hid my pacifier instead of throwing it away.

Little #ED's first word will be Whedon

• Like 6

I think you'll like it! Plenty of McFassy.  :wub:  Story is great. It was very well done all around. 

But Cap 2 is still my favorite.  Just can't quit the Captain.  :lol:

I'm assuming you liked the bare ass shot of Jackman.  ;)  :P

Friday Box Office: #1 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' (Fox-3996) opening $36M (incl $8.1M Thurs) with $110M four-day Mem Wkd. Cost $200M.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke · Early Friday Box Office: 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' (Fox-3996) targeting $37M (incl $8.1M Thurs) and $100M four-day Mem Wkd.

she had 100m 4-day with 37m...now 110m 4-day with 36m

:bash:  :lol:

edit: though it's more accurate now. so kudos.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1