#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

It's going to cruise well past 200. Easily. It's at, say, 158 thru this weekend. Say 7m for the weekdays to 165. Another big drop to 14 for the next week to 179. Another 7m for the weekdays. That's 186. Another huge drop to 7m to 195. Then it hits 200 during the week (or the following weekend).That's with huge drops and no stabilizing.

but isn't it guaranteed now that a sequel will decrease? It won't have any novelty factor. And don't sequels always have higher budgets?

Nothing makes sense AT ALL today with numbers.The Godzilla drop makes no sense. Unless we're in a scenario where both X-Men and Godzilla are hurting each other this weekend.

X Men isn't really hurting. We just over predicted it.

Hey, I saw it.

I said I had no other choices, didn't I? :PAnd we could still blame you cause you saw it early. West Coast people supposed to bring up the number with late shows.

Looks like GZ will cross ASM2, but if not...who ever expected GZ to beat ASM2 before both of them released...lol..that's not a disappointment.

I expected Spidey to be above everything. :ph34r:

• Like 2

But Ed, I initially said GODZILLA would hurt X-MEN and was laughed at for it.. WTF??

Well I'm confused as to why Godzilla is dropping so hard.It's not a sequel.It didn't show up as being front loaded.Weekdays were decent.Wtf?

Next week will be brutal for Godzilla. Roughly 14% of its OW box office came from IMAX, pretty sure that percentage will have increased this weekend. It loses all IMAX screens next weekend to Maleficent.

Even if it loses every dime from IMAX and none of it gets spent on another show, that's still only a couple of million at this point.
  • Like 3

All I can say is, is that next May, the number guessing game for TA2 is going to be insane with meltdown's galore.. :lol:

Especially if it opens below TA...(don't respond please BKB)

Similar demographics being targeted, so likely. However wait to see how the whole weekend plays out. I'm crossing my fingers though that between DOFP and Zilla that TASM2 got vaporized :D.

TASM2 is gone to that big  place reserved for crap in the sky ACCA.. Amen :)

• Like 1

Let's say Sony's film production gets sold off from the main company. They wouldn't sell Spidey back to Marvel for money at that point -- it would be a major jewel in the library for whoever bought them!

I doubt Sony is allowed to sell Spidey to another company, or at least not without Marvel's approval. (They'd say NO of course.)

There will be no bidding war between Disney and WB for Spidey. Sony either keeps the rights or they expire and go back to Marvel.

but isn't it guaranteed now that a sequel will decrease? It won't have any novelty factor. And don't sequels always have higher budgets?

I thought everyone nowadays was convinced sequels increased? Nothing is written -- it's pointless to "guarantee" anything right now.
  • Like 3