Bishop54

Thursday numbers: Our King $4,590,000

Following STID's holds, Godzilla would make $33.87m for the weekend, a nearly 64% drop. Following Pirates 4 gives it $40.251m, a nearly 57% drop. Pirates is, frankly, higher than even the best case scenario for this, as that not only had to face no new openers on Friday, but also likely benefited from teens sneaking into the R-rated Hangover 2. 

• Like 2

Following STID's holds, Godzilla would make $33.87m for the weekend, a nearly 64% drop. Following Pirates 4 gives it $40.251m, a nearly 57% drop. Pirates is, frankly, higher than even the best case scenario for this, as that not only had to face no new openers on Friday, but also likely benefited from teens sneaking into the R-rated Hangover 2. 

GZ has had good weekdays and opened a bit higher than tasm2. so if it matches it's 35.5m 2nd weekend 3-day, i will be happy. even ca2 after all fell 57% with april weekdays.

• Like 1

It's doing much better than Star Trek: Into Darkness with families, women and children. It's not going to follow STID's holds. And Pirates 2 had to face off with 2 big films during Memorial Wknd, Hangover 3 did $103M and KFP 2 did $60M. You're making no sense at all.
  • Like 1

It's doing much better than Star Trek: Into Darkness with families, women and children. It's not going to follow STID's holds. And Pirates 2 had to face off with 2 big films during Memorial Wknd, Hangover 3 did $103M and KFP 2 did $60M. You're making no sense at all.

I never said that Godzilla was going to drop the same amount at STID. I was implying a range for Godzilla's second weekend. The competition will be substantially less severe than STID, so it should get to at least $35m. Also, I bet you the life of my family that Pirates would have had a smaller weekend had TH2 and KFP2 openened on Friday instead of Thursday, especially TH2. It increased 140% on Friday, and there's no way in hell that it's happening to the king of monsters.

I'm predicting a $36.5m weekend, and I was just using two examples from history to give a possible indicator of where it could land. Don't tell me I'm not making sense, when I'm providing a reasonable ground for what I'm saying.

I never said that Godzilla was going to drop the same amount at STID. I was implying a range for Godzilla's second weekend. The competition will be substantially less severe than STID, so it should get to at least $35m. Also, I bet you the life of my family that Pirates would have had a smaller weekend had TH2 and KFP2 openened on Friday instead of Thursday, especially TH2. It increased 140% on Friday, and there's no way in hell that it's happening to the king of monsters.I'm predicting a $36.5m weekend, and I was just using two examples from history to give a possible indicator of where it could land. Don't tell me I'm not making sense, when I'm providing a reasonable ground for what I'm saying.

I don't get how Pirates benefited from competition and Godzilla will drop 60%+........Pirates 4 had greater competition.
  • Like 1