kayumanggi

BIG HERO 6 | 435.3 M overseas | 657.8 M worldwide

Big Hero 6 opened in Taiwan this weekend where it posted $1.9M, the second highest all-time debut weekend for an animated release and biggest ever for a Disney Animation studio title.

Hong Kong this session helped Big Hero 6 surpass Frozen to become the highest grossing Disney Animation release ever.

Good omen for mailand performance.

Edited by Sorcerer Supreme
  • Like 3

Walt Disney Animation Studios Films this decade

2010: Tangled

Worldwide Rank: 8, Gross: 591.8M

Domestic Rank: 10, Gross: 200.8M

2011: Winnie The Pooh

Worldwide Rank: 131, Gross: 33.2M

Domestic Rank: 105 , Gross: 26.7M

2012: Wreck-it Ralph

Worldwide Rank: 14, Gross: 189.4M

Domestic Rank: 13, Gross: 471.2M

2013: Frozen

Worldwide Rank: 1, Gross: 1.27B

Domestic Rank: 3, Gross: 400.7M

2014: Big Hero 6

Current Worldwide Rank: 17, Gross: 378.7M

Current Domestic Rank: 9, Gross: 211.3M

Big Hero 6 is looking to finish at about 225-230M domestically, and probably around 550-600M worldwide. The domestic number would make it comfortably sit in the number 9 position in North America, but unfortunately might not hit the top 10 worldwide (might end up at #12 WW). Still, it's a massive improvement over Wreck-it Ralph's number, and also that of Tangled domestically. We need a few markets to break out. I'm counting on China this time.

Edit: If Big Hero 6 doesn't hit the top 10 WW, it'll be the first time since 1997 to not feature an animated film in the top 10. That's a freaking 17 years ago!

Edited by Dingdong123
  • Like 3

I think that BH6's slow release is making the WW numbers look worse.  There are still many major markets left, and I could see BH6 sneaking into the top 10 with good numbers in China and South Korea

To reach the top 10 WW, Big Hero 6 needs to attain a total of about 660M. That is equivalent to430-435M in international markets. Pretty tough I must say.

To reach the top 10 WW, Big Hero 6 needs to attain a total of about 660M. That is equivalent to430-435M in international markets. Pretty tough I must say.

It still has quite a few big markets left. France, China, SK, UK and few more. 

• Like 2

It still has quite a few big markets left. France, China, SK, UK and few more. 

And Germany ;)

BH6 Overseas

Actual 170

Holdovers 60 (if don't crash in Japan)

Europe (based on Italy and Spain gross compared to Frozen)

France 25

Germany 25

UK 35

Asia (based on Japan gross compared to Frozen)

China 35

South Korea 45

Other 15

Total 410

Dom 240

Total WW 650

• Like 2

$408.9 million total for Big Hero 6. The drop in North America this weekend (-53%) was about average (-51%) among releases with more than 1000 theaters. Overseas, the film had an excellent week and is now at $194.5 million. With no new major releases this past weekend, it seems to have had very small decreases in some territories but no weekend number has yet been disclosed. With a holiday in Japan on Monday, it will reach $200 million before Friday.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

BH6 Overseas

Actual 195

Holdovers 60 (25 done 35 remain)

Europe (based on Italy and Spain gross compared to Frozen)

France 25

Germany 25

UK 35

Asia (based on Japan gross compared to Frozen - Updated-)

China 45

South Korea 35

Other 15

Total 410

Dom 240 (214 done 26 remain) Very difficult to reach at this point.

Total WW 650

• Like 1

Walt Disney Animation Studios Films this decade

2010: Tangled

Worldwide Rank: 8, Gross: 591.8M

Domestic Rank: 10, Gross: 200.8M

2011: Winnie The Pooh

Worldwide Rank: 131, Gross: 33.2M

Domestic Rank: 105 , Gross: 26.7M

2012: Wreck-it Ralph

Worldwide Rank: 14, Gross: 189.4M

Domestic Rank: 13, Gross: 471.2M

2013: Frozen

Worldwide Rank: 1, Gross: 1.27B

Domestic Rank: 3, Gross: 400.7M

2014: Big Hero 6

Current Worldwide Rank: 17, Gross: 378.7M

Current Domestic Rank: 9, Gross: 211.3M

Big Hero 6 is looking to finish at about 225-230M domestically, and probably around 550-600M worldwide. The domestic number would make it comfortably sit in the number 9 position in North America, but unfortunately might not hit the top 10 worldwide (might end up at #12 WW). Still, it's a massive improvement over Wreck-it Ralph's number, and also that of Tangled domestically. We need a few markets to break out. I'm counting on China this time.

Edit: If Big Hero 6 doesn't hit the top 10 WW, it'll be the first time since 1997 to not feature an animated film in the top 10. That's a freaking 17 years ago!

Good stats. Well, we didn't have a Pixar movie this year.

It turns out that BH6 only made $12.6M during the weekend. That's a 41% drop from last weekend. Thought it had held better but it made $15.4M during the weekdays so I can't complain. Only a few minor debuts next weekend, but I hope the summer holidays in Latin America and Australia help it reach $210M by next weekend. Many European territories arrive in late January and early February but with the EUR-to-USD ratio having fallen to a neraly ten-year low, reaching HTTYD2's worldwide gross will be tough. Let's hope for the best.

• Like 2