Orestes

DISNEY+ Original: Marvel's Daredevil - Season 4 is coming!

I'm up to episode 9, can't stop watching!

Episode 4 has been my favourite so far, man some of the stuff they showed in it had me shocked. I had to keep reminding myself this actuallly takes place in the MCU lol. 

Edited by IG 90
  • Like 1

Just finished episode 3, it may just be the Episode 2 of the first season... only better!! this is unbelievable I did not think they were capable of topping season 1.. guess I was wrong. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

Man they did not even try to bother explaining what that ninja shit was all about. I mean it was ninjas so it was cool but all the Black Sky stuff was total nonsense

Punisher stuff mostly goes nowhere and it's weird how they try to act like what he's doing is fine in its own way (pandering to the Punisher fanboys)

I enjoyed it, it's a lot better when it's focusing on the Elektra character instead of the two lawyer sidekicks

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Man they did not even try to bother explaining what that ninja shit was all about. I mean it was ninjas so it was cool but all the Black Sky stuff was total nonsense

Punisher stuff mostly goes nowhere and it's weird how they try to act like what he's doing is fine in its own way (pandering to the Punisher fanboys)

I enjoyed it, it's a lot better when it's focusing on the Elektra character instead of the two lawyer sidekicks

Yeah I finished it last night, last 2 episodes were a bit of a letdown in an otherwise great season, early stuff was the best.

Mainly didn't like the way the 2 main story threads went with the Blacksmith and Black Sky, underwhelming reveals.

Looking forward to the eventual Punisher spinoff. Bernthal was easily the greatest part of the show for me.

Spoiler

Loved his stuff with the Kingpin and that prison fight scene was awesome.

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

Blacksmith was not even a reveal, IMO. The Colonel isn't The Blacksmith, IMO.

I kept noticing this guy in the cast credits, Stephen Rider. I recognized all the actors but him. Looked it up and he was the guy playing the assistant DA, the one with glasses

So I spent the last like 6 episodes thinking "okay, there's gonna be a twist and it's gonna be this guy. Only explanation for an actor playing such a nothing character to be in the main cast"

But nope

• Like 2

I'm about 6 episodes in now, I had to work all weekend, so I didn't get the time to watch as much as I wanted, but I love it so far. ep 3-4 are still by far my favorite though. I gotta say I am really liking Karen this season, she is so much more than just sidekick/love interest and her investigating Frank Castle's past is a nice character arc for her considering what happend in the end of season 1, I really liked how her and Matt's romance came out, nice that they waited until we actually cared for them as characters before bringing them together. It will be really sad if (which I am hoping will happen) they go down the Born Again Route. 

I am at episode 10 and this is the best comic book related show OR movie I have watched . The twists and turns are great , people that have watched only the first few episodes are in for a treat . The brutality of this makes the first season look like a kids' show . This would get a hard R if it was shown in the theaters . All the characters from the first season are more fleshed out here . 

Finally i I have to say ...John Bernthal is UNBELIEVABLE  as Frank Castle , one of the best acting performances I have ever watched . He blows away every other character ever to appear in a comic book related show or movie , the guy is out of this world. Terrifying, scary, insane, sympathetic ,he does everything . One minute he is like a monster from a slasher movie the next he brings you to tears when he talks about his family . My jaw was constantantly on the floor every time he appeared on screen , his performance is one for the history books . If his manager's phone hasn't begun taking calls from movie directors, producers e.t.c then something is very wrong in this world . Can we have a punisher show like yesterday ? 

• Like 1

Just Finished season 2 last night.. and it wa AMAZING! Daredevil is the best comic to screen adaption period. it's characters are extremely real and are all treated as people, the heroes have flaws and don't always do the right thing, and even the villains have enduring qualities, and the way this show is edited is the most comic book like take I have ever seen. in a good graphic novel kind of way. sure season 2 may have had a couple plot-holes. but everything does. Jon Bernthal was SOO good as the Punisher.  Elodie Yung was fantastic as Elektra, Charlie Cox was still awesome as Daredevil.. really loved the moral rhetoric the was spread throughout the entire season, it was interesting to see how Electra and Punisher views really started to wear down Matt views on killing, hoping he gets back up for season 3. although apparently he rubbed off on Elektra just a but in the end. and that rooftop argument, the graveyard scene, the prison showdown, Wilson Fisk and Matt's interaction in the prison, Karen and the Punisher's Dinner scene. holy cow there were so many awe worth scenes in this season, and I was down right chocked up in some of the.. and from The Punisher no less!!

I love this show so much give me season 3!!! A++ 

Overall it was good, but it stumbled in the end because all of the Black Sky nonsense meant absolutely nothing, because they never ever explain why it's a big deal other than to say that the Hand thinks it is a big deal. It's all nonsense window dressing for ninjas and Daredevil/Elektra stuff.

And the Punisher storyline just goes out with a whimper. I liked how they handled Schoonmaker being the bad guy, even if it was a little anticlimatic, but then Punisher does nothing in the final episode except randomly show up in the nick of time to snipe a few ninjas, just because he's in the area and hates Japanese people or something. Just felt bizarre that his stuff ended so quietly after dominating the first four episodes.

• Like 1

The season is split into three distinct segments

First four episodes, Daredevil vs Punisher - pretty good, tense and exciting, heavy on the grit

Next five episodes, Daredevil & Elektra superhero fun + Punisher in court/jail - best stretch of episodes in the series (by a lot)

Last four episodes, Ninja Bullshit That We'll Explain Later + Punisher Storyline Sputters So We Can Spin Him Off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Overall it was good, but it stumbled in the end because all of the Black Sky nonsense meant absolutely nothing, because they never ever explain why it's a big deal other than to say that the Hand thinks it is a big deal. It's all nonsense window dressing for ninjas and Daredevil/Elektra stuff.

And the Punisher storyline just goes out with a whimper. I liked how they handled Schoonmaker being the bad guy, even if it was a little anticlimatic, but then Punisher does nothing in the final episode except randomly show up in the nick of time to snipe a few ninjas, just because he's in the area and hates Japanese people or something. Just felt bizarre that his stuff ended so quietly after dominating the first four episodes.

Funny I actually agree with you, but it didn't really affect my opinion of the season that much, becuase I was so stinking invested in the characters.

Man, Karen was in more danger/always at the right place than Lois Lane this season. No wonder she became a journalist.

Anyway, liked the season but this Scott Glenn weird Eastern shit doesn't really interest me. Hopefully they do the cross-over sooner rather than later.

Great great season 2. Electra and Punisher was done so well.. WOW. Especially Punisher. He was awesome..

Highlight for me were when VD was on screen. His Kingpin is Oscar worthy... Please please bring him back next season along with Bullseye and Punisher..

The ninja stuff got boring in the end and was poorly executed. That was a letdown after a fantastic season. 

But please please please give us a season 3 before Defenders. Season 4 would not bother me either 

Why do they insist on the Karen/Matt romance while he has way better chemistry (romantic and otherwise) with Claire and/or Elektra? Heck, he seems to have better bromance chemistry with both Foggy and Punisher. 

Pretty uneven season to me. Frank Castle was good at first, and then his story/importance fizzled out quickly after.

Love the Elektra stuff though. Matt/Daredevil story and overall development seems pretty weaksauce this season compare to last. Good here and there. 

Overall, I like first season more, but this one definitely has more potential to be better. 

Finally getting around to this.    Sucked me into a binge watch of course.   Up to ep 10....holy smokes....Fisk is my favorite villain in ANY comic book property.    Loki, Luthor, Joker, Doc Oct...any of them.    That scene at the prison with Matt....Wow!   Vincent D'Onofrio is epic.   Fascinating to watch...and scary.

Also loving Punisher.   Nice to see Jon Bernthal land this kind of role after Walking Dead.   He's owning it.

And then I'm also loving Electra.   An embarrassment of riches character-wise on this show.

My complaints from the first season were Karen Page mostly and she's improved this season too.    This season is quite an improvement over all.  I'd better stay away from comic book movies until the wave of awesome passes on this...hard act to follow.

• Like 1