Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Angelina Jolie bringing the cash. Her draw power still is what it used to be. A Million Ways is bombing. It may only do 15M this weekend. I have it in my top 15. What the fuck.

I had that and Million Dollar Arm, I guess the word Million enticed me.  What the fuck indeed.

• Like 3

Every movie here has intermission. 7 minutes.

That.Is.Horrible!

Oh and good number for Maleficent

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Even the Winnie the Pooh movie from a couple of years ago?  That was like 70 minutes!

Yes. Every movie. Isn't Winnie the Pooh a movie :lol: ?

They need to sell popcorn and shit. They are dying, remember? We get around 15-20 minutes of publicity (5 to 8 minutes are usually trailers) before each show. 

damn, having an intermission every film would drive me insane.

Yeah, it's basically a commercial break in the middle of the movie :P

cjohn always talks about how big piracy is there. too fucking right it's big there. every movie I'm trying to get into it and they cut me off and be all like "hey guys, buy more stuff!" fuck that.

• Like 5

We don't have intermissions except for the super-long movies like The Hobbitses... But seriously, if you can't sit through 2 hours without peeing then I don't even :rolleyes:

I can. Special previews don't have intermissions and I was just fine during TASM2, Transcendence and more recently A Million Ways :lol: 

cjohn always talks about how big piracy is there. too fucking right it's big there. every movie I'm trying to get into it and they cut me off and be all like "hey guys, buy more stuff!" fuck that.

That is still not the problem :lol: I would love it to be. 

Edited by CJohn

Yes. Every movie. Isn't Winnie the Pooh a movie :lol: ?

They need to sell popcorn and shit. They are dying, remember? We get around 15-20 minutes of publicity (5 to 8 minutes are usually trailers) before each show. 

In India, every movie has an intermission as well. Basically to sell more popcorn and soft drinks and snacks etc. The intermission point is a good suspenseful moment in the movie when something is revealed or a twist happens or some such. 

OTOH, Hollywood movies are just interrupted when the exhibitor decides to, sometimes it works well, other times we get a cut right in between an exposition filled moment. I have felt that some movies in the US would benefit from an intermission during the second act.

• Like 1

I can. Special previews don't have intermissions and I was just fine during TASM2, Transcendence and more recently A Million Ways :lol:

You should have pretended there's an intermission for that one and just skipped 7 minutes of it :lol: You would have probably been better for it :P

You should have pretended there's an intermission for that one and just skipped 7 minutes of it :lol: You would have probably been better for it :P

Yeah, probably... the movie was so fucking big. I was so bored by it in the last 15-20 minutes or so.