Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Thursday midnight or late-night earnings - Opening weekend numbersSWATH $1.38M - $56.2MOz $2M - $79.1MWorld War Z $3.6M - $66.4MAlice in Wonderland $3.9M - $116.1MMaleficent $4.2M

So as %age of OWSWATH 2.5%Oz 2.5%World War Z 5.4%Alice in Wonderland 3.3%That's a big range of 78-168. But based on this I think it'll open north of Oz. Now hopefully CATWS gets DF with Maleficent.
  • Like 2

Yeah, probably... the movie was so fucking big. I was so bored by it in the last 15-20 minutes or so.

I had some free time today so I pondered going to see it but fortunately it hasn't opened here yet :lol:

Matinee Numbers as of now:

Maleficent - 2.64

X-Men - 0.54

A Million Ways to Die - 0.36

Godzilla - 0.14

spatula bringing the goods. This is just excellent!

• Like 1

Every movie has intermission. Neighbors is 96 minutes long and it had. The Devil Inside was 83 minutes long and it also had.

That's just ridiculous. No wonder Portugal has cinema issues, people can't even sit still for more than 40 minutes.

• Like 1

Matinee Numbers as of now:

Maleficent - 2.64

X-Men - 0.54

A Million Ways to Die - 0.36

Godzilla - 0.14

We never see mantinee raw numbers so we have no idea if thats good

May I ask, what are matinee numbers?

Sort of like pre-evening shows

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

Matinee Numbers as of now:Maleficent - 2.64X-Men - 0.54A Million Ways to Die - 0.36Godzilla - 0.14

Nice you can see numbers as they roll in?Interesting. Too bad don't have anything to use for extrapolation.

We never see mantinee raw numbers so we have no idea if thats good

Sort of like pre-evening shows

It kinda looks big for Maleficent and shit for A Million Ways. This of course assuming X-Men will do around 30-35M this weekend.

I'm eating crow at that Maleficent number - thought it would only do ok at best. Never underestimate the Disney machine, I guess.

They just got lucky. Disney's machine did nothing for John Carter and The Lone Ranger.

• Like 3

It kinda looks big for Maleficent and shit for A Million Ways. This of course assuming X-Men will do around 30-35M this weekend.

Yeah but I assume that opening day matinees are always going to much stronger than a movie released a week before, though it does show how shit Million Ways is going.