Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Got a big big month coming up in a month or so. I have to go back to India for my H1B interview after being selected in the visa lottery, and the wife has to go for her F1 interview in India to attend college here in the states. Hopefully we both get the visas granted, the interviews are just the most ridiculous ones you can imagine, it is like a disgruntled TSA employee asking you minute details about everything you plan to do in the US.

The visa interview form actually asks "Do you plan on indulging in terrorist activities in the United States?", who are they expecting to answer "Yes" to that question.

• Like 16

I think you would need to prepare for a revenge plot about 20 years later. Poor kid will not be happy with you.

12 is old enough to comprehend the repercussions of the name and commit patricide, I think..

• Like 1

Got a big big month coming up in a month or so. I have to go back to India for my H1B interview after being selected in the visa lottery, and the wife has to go for her F1 interview in India to attend college here in the states. Hopefully we both get the visas granted, the interviews are just the most ridiculous ones you can imagine, it is like a disgruntled TSA employee asking you minute details about everything you plan to do in the US.

The visa interview form actually asks "Do you plan on indulging in terrorist activities in the United States?", who are they expecting to answer "Yes" to that question.

Good luck. Hopefully, you can both get your visas. 

good luck bro. to both of you. it will all be well.

:rofl:

• Founder / Operator

Best of luck, grim. :)

The online form here has a shitload of questions like that - terrorism, kidnapping, pretty much any kind of criminal activity. When I got my tourist visa, I filled out the form, stayed in line outside the Embassy for 2 hours, then another hour inside, going from desk to desk, first to make sure I have the form and passport, then to get fingerprinted, then at last the stupidest interview ever.

"Why do you wish to travel in the US?" 

"Tourism"

"Visa approved. Enjoy your stay."

Best of luck!

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 1

Analeigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clairezilla >>>>>>> Claire >>>>>>>>>> Lyra

Lyra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Analeigh >Clairezilla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Claire

Edited by ShawnMR
That many consecutive characters without a space will break the page. :)
  • Like 2

Good luck. Sounds like patience is the most helpful thing in that situation. Government red tape can be frustrating.

Lyra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Analeigh>Clairezilla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Claire

And there goes the forum layout. We need more posts to move out of this page.