Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

To be fair some even predicted that the movie will under-perform and 60m is out of reach, now it is projecting to open around 69, and the doubters will say nothing special. LOL.

Fair enough.

If the X-Men can't save the universe who can?

Posted Image

It had better be good because Phase 2 has been disappointing IMO. IM3 and Thor 2 were mediocre and CA2 was fine, but not particularly exciting. 

Ironic because CA2 looked like the worst of the bunch on paper. 

Edited by Magic

:hiphiphoray:   Damn right they will, next May..

But then they too will deal with the Juggernaut 2016 :P

But yep Avengers will rule, but Batman and Superman will have their day at the BO office as well.  

SO its going to be interesting who wins the war between the two and if any of them

can come within 1.5 billion of  the Juggernaut's Worldwide tally. :)

Yeah, yeah... morgage crisis. The problem is more fundamental than that. 

Nouriel Roubini and Joseph Stiglitz are talking mouths? I never knew.  ;)

Politics does not belong in this thread.

I've moved our discussion to the politics forum if you want to continue it:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/15046-did-glass-steagall-cause-the-financial-collapse/

Friend of mine is convinced Malficent is locked for 200M.

First of all you forgot an "E", second of all your friend is nuts it's not even close to locked. Hell 175m isn't even locked now. Let's see if it hits 150 first. Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro

Man, I only ever see bits and pieces of the weekend numbers discussions, and I really want to join in, but I'm always working weekend nights. Probably why I'm an unknown around here even though I feel like I post a lot DX

But yeah, my theater was pretty slow tonight, at least inside the restaurant, but it might be (almost certainly) because a festival is going on in my town this week and people say there's not much to do around here. I am liking the numbers for Maleficent though, higher than most predictions I saw.

• Like 1