Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Maleficent: No one can make an accurate prediction unless it's done by chance. Saturday could increase 37% like Oz or just 3% like SWATH (Alice is in the middle). However, rather disappointingly compared to its Thursday late-night number, its OD is lower than Oz's

X-Men:DOFP: Lowest second Friday among Memorial openers above $85M (around $9M). $30-32M weekend. Steep drop as expected.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=memorialdayshow.htm

AMW: I don't even care.

Godzilla: Another drop of about -65% for the weekend. The $200M mark is in doubt.

TASM 2: first drop that looks to be less than 50%, since it opened. It will barely scrape $200M.

Source: Deadline http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/box-office-disneys-maleficent-spells-success-a-million-ways-to-die-in-the-west-side-saddled/

Edited by Quigley

OK, I'm going to rob their milk carton now.

Ok seriously how hard is it to take the milk your "friend" has? Why must you post constantly about needing a drink? I just don't understand how you put posting on the forum, which will do NOTHING to solve the problem, as a priority over your burning fucking mouth. Just do it.
  • Like 1

so do people still like that Spatula guy? I mean even if the numbers don't really tell us what the weekend will be, it is still kind of cool to have

I am Switzerland, I can worship two gods at once.
  • Like 1

Yeah it looks like it won't quite make 9.6, probably around 9.3, Godz should go up slightly around 3.3

Oh.... :unsure:Thanks Rth. But I think our members preferred not knowing that :P
  • Like 1

So Godzilla and 200M is not happening?

Below $210M is guaranteed. But I'm not certain for $200M. It depends on next weekend's drop. If it's -65% again, then we should probably say goodbye to $200M.

Edited by Quigley

X-Men just has a very big devoted fan base that drives up the OW. Add in a holiday opening and the weekend is highly inflated. I wasn't expecting a drop closer to 65%, more to 60%; but I'm not exactly surprised either. We'll see how it'll recover next week. I don't think it will fall hard again ala Godzilla.

• Like 4

And I just got 10k likes. Thank you guys :DAnd thank you Tele, I never thought posting gifs of old people would get many likes but you made it happen. You're awesome old man.

• Like 8