wileECoyote

Weds Numbers 6/4 Early proj Malef 5.6 DOFP 2.8 AMW 1.4

For now I'll say 7-8m. It has sell outs but unlike summer blockbusters in most cases there are only 3-4 shows starting at 9pm. There are some theaters with more and some with less. But the avg seems to be 3-4.

I think EoT is going to do $35M+, PR was also tracking $25-30M and it did more because of reviews, plus this hasone of the biggest action stars of all time. PR OW is achievable, and I'm not ruling out 40M+ OW.

For now I'll say 7-8m. It has sell outs but unlike summer blockbusters in most cases there are only 3-4 shows starting at 9pm. There are some theaters with more and some with less. But the avg seems to be 3-4.

Yes. It also has less overall showtimes than many typical tentpole releases. (Like I mentioned in another thread, EDGE (!) has more early shows than FIOS).

• Like 1

Yes. It also has less overall showtimes than many typical tentpole releases. (Like I mentioned in another thread, EDGE (!) has more early shows than FIOS).

Yes I thought I saw your post earlier. That's why it's hard to gauge where the preview numbers will come in. I'm sure it will be over 6m.

Yeah but those $25 tickets are obviously going to make up for fewer showtimes.

Well we don't know how many of those tickets were sold. Every theater didn't have "Night"  and not all tickets were $25. Some were $19.95. But still you do have a point.

Edited by ECSTASY

Well we don't know how many of those tickets were sold. Every theater didn't have "Night"  and not all tickets were $25. Some were $19.95. But still you do have a point.

One thing we can say with certainty is that when we get midnight/preview numbers tomorrow, there's no way in hell we'll be able to use them to accurately project FIOS's weekend.

• Like 3

Yes I thought I saw your post earlier. That's why it's hard to gauge where the preview numbers will come in. I'm sure it will be over 6m.

Yes, I agree. To some extent, the NIOS shows counter the lack of IMAX... but generally speaking IMAX theaters will larger.

25 dollars? That's fucking absurd

here are the details:

“The Night Before Our Stars,” an unprecedented event where you will be the first to see “The Fault In Our Stars” and be included in the largest ever live simulcast experience featuring:

[*]The Fault In Our Stars’ Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff

[*]Author John Green

[*]Director Joshua Boone

[*]Producer Wyck Godfrey

[*]Intimate, live musical performances by Birdy and Nat and Alex Wolff

Attendees will also receive a beautiful commemorative charm bracelet and an exclusive poster from the film.