wileECoyote

Weds Numbers 6/4 Early proj Malef 5.6 DOFP 2.8 AMW 1.4

I remember a lot of Harry Potter fans bitching about how much the first couple movies left out.

Good god, they should have left more out. Especially Chamber of Secrets.

• Like 3

I remember a lot of Harry Potter fans bitching about how much the first couple movies left out.

I know many HP fans who still think all of the books should have split into two movies.

• Like 3

I think there's a huge difference between adapting something like Spider-Man or Captain America, where you're just taking the character and some of his friends and enemies and settings and then making a whole new movie and story. I mean, Falcon, Hydra, helicarriers, that's all stuff from the comics, but they took those things and made a whole new story out of them for CATWS.

On the other hand, Harry Potter and Hunger Games and LOTR and Fault In Our Stars are not supposed to be new stories. They're supposed to be adaptations of one specific story.

There's a big difference.

• Like 2

Fault In Our STars should have good legs.

All the 13 year old girls who have the book memorized will definitely go back for a second and third showing.

You don't re-read a book 8 times but then only see the movie once.

• Like 1

I just did some checking. I have 5 posts that have garnered more than 10 likes apiece. None that have gotten to 15, though, so clearly I need to do some planning.

The sort of it is:

1. write a story involving the forum members

2. procreate and take pictures...err, not necessarily of the procreation process (though that may help), but rather the resulting child.

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 1

God, I love Tremors. It's better and more enjoyable than 95% of the blockbusters released today. Earl: Is this a job for an intelligent man?Val: Well, show me one and I'll ask him.  :lol:

And sadly Hollywood would never think of making a film like that.