Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

ddddeeee! You son of a bitch!

Pretty much every second of Predator is awesome but the end credits with the main cast smiling is just on another level.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I really enjoy how Predator starts out as a corny B-movie action flick like Commando, just with higher production values, and then all the shit starts to go down and things get turned on their head.

• Like 6

Now I'm watching The Punisher with Tom Jane instead and I just love every second of it. Especially the evil Godfather-esque music whenever Travolta is doing something evil.

I really do love this movie.

Now I'm watching The Punisher with Tom Jane instead and I just love every second of it. Especially the evil Godfather-esque music whenever Travolta is doing something evil.

I really do love this movie.

I really like the score for that one.

• Like 1

I really enjoy how Predator starts out as a corny B-movie action flick like Commando, just with higher production values, and then all the shit starts to go down and things get turned on their head.

I bet you the amount of steroids used by the cast of that movie hasn't been surpassed yet...

• Like 3

Probably going to go watch some more Justified in a bit. Now about a third of the way through Season 3. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 really upped the game to a whole 'nother level.

Kinda surprised Timothy Olyphant hasn't gotten more action/thriller work these past few years, because he fucking nails the cool, collected, cowboy-esque badass role in the show.

• Like 3

Predators is responsible for one of the funniest complaints ever

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/19/predators-shrink-ray-zapped-my-movie/

This might be completely ridiculous, but I thought it was kind of interesting. I saw the movie “Predators” today and there was a major difference between a scene from the trailer and the scene in the movie.

In the trailer, there’s a scene where Adrian Brody is standing facing what what we believe to be many predators based on the the multiple targets that appear all over his face and torso. (The targets being those 3 red dots used by the predator’s shoulder mounted weapon). Yet in the movie itself, in that exact same scene, there’s only one target on Adrien Brody.

Now I can recall times where I’ve seen a scene in a movie trailer that wasn’t in the movie. I realize that filmmakers are constantly editing up to the release. But in this case, that’s not possible. The movie only had four total predators (three of which were hunting the humans). So basically, it was completely bogus and intentional to make it seem that there were perhaps a dozen or even more based on the scene from the trailer.

I don’t know what you would call this. Is this false advertising? It’s certainly deceptive.

20th Fox replied

We’re sorry you were disappointed in the film, and will send you the $4.80. Could you please send me your address, and I will send you a check as soon as possible.

The guy's explanation was brilliant. He paid money expecting 10 predators or so, but only asked for 4.80$ in refund because he did get 3 Predators. I wonder what the accountant at Fox wrote in their books about that.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5