Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

It's my liking of Book Stannis and the hope that the show's writing for him will one day match up to the book character and Dillane's acting (and fun facial expressions).

Dillane has a rad accent.

He didn't even bother to change it for Zero Dark Thirty despite being an American in the film

:( Hoping that China and Japan are huge.

China screwed Godzilla with an awful release date. It was supposed to release day and date which would have given it a free run there, instead it was slotted to this weekend. It will still do well, but with Maleficent a week later (and Jolie in China to promote it), and TF4 a week after that, I feel that the date change has cost Godzilla at least 40M in China.

China screwed Godzilla with an awful release date. It was supposed to release day and date which would have given it a free run there, instead it was slotted to this weekend. It will still do well, but with Maleficent a week later (and Jolie in China to promote it), and TF4 a week after that, I feel that the date change has cost Godzilla at least 40M in China.

I'm curious to see how audiences feel about it. My gut says the reaction will be similar to the rest of the world, and we'll see huge drops (especially with the competition). 

I think 500m is the min and 525m is the max for DOFP OS. 515m is where I think it'll land.

No, I think it can still fall under 500 as well, with the WC starting. But I feel it'll make it in the end.

The director of Raid 2 is angry

Before anyone argues that piracy can help a film find an audience it otherwise wouldn’t have…

We have just experienced one territory (it’s ongoing so I can’t say which) unable to get a theatrical release due to the film being online.

Despite the fact that shitty quality and 1/3 of the frame missing due to the asshole with the cam being too close to the screen.

• Like 3

This time a year ago... we were all about to get ready to find out what Clark did in the bus.

Those trailers were so good with making you feel emotion and goosebumps. There's only been one movie since then that's had an truly emotional trailer...

It's releasing this weekend now?

Gareth Evans @ghuwevans · 49m

Despite the fact that shitty quality and 1/3 of the frame missing due to the asshole with the cam being too close to the screen.

THIS pisses me off. If you're gonna pirate something, at least do it right, goddamn it! To be honest, considering how empty some of the shows here play, I could record a damn movie on my phone with much better quality than some of these pirated copies. But I'm too nice to do that.  :ph34r:

But anyway, the situation sucks. Of course, the fact that it is a low-profile movie has a lot to do with the situation. It would never have made any real money there (otherwise they would still have released it, as the exhibitors/distributors would have felt the potential is still there with the market). Still sucks, though.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I normally don't do this, but I gotta ask you (since it won the weekend, someone on here must have seen it): is The Fault of our Stars worthwhile?  My wife and I are looking for a movie to see today and we didn't even know this one existed.  It has perked our interest do to its winning of the weekend, but if anyone can give us a simple synopsis, it'd be appreciated.

Haven't seen the movie, but the book is good. A teenaged girl with terminal cancer falls in love with a guy who's in remission. They go on a trip to Amsterdam and it's fun and stuff, and there's love and stuff, and the last 45 minutes are sad but overall it's hopeful. Good stuff I think 

Anyone else thinks there's a good chance FIOS doesn't hit 100M?

No

When that movie came out, there were a bunch of loons calling it the next The Matrix.  Its a good movie, but it was very overrated around here when it came out.  Maybe people came back to reality.

Yeah, it's not the next Matrix, but it's certainly up there with District 9 as good modern hard sci-fi. Personally would say Looper, Source Code, and District 9 are all great recent serious sci-fi (as in 9/10 movies)

I'm calling a 75% drop next weekend. It will hit 110M or so.

I'm thinking 56%