Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

So I wasn't up on Dragon's first box office run. So I went back and checked mojo. It opened to 43m and ended with 212m. Are people really expecting a huge increase in OW? I've seen 80-100m being thrown around. Is that a realistic expectation?

• Like 1

Freaking Korra, what a mediocre show

I think the last season it was kinda ehhh, and then after the beginnings episode it got REALLY good and then it had no idea how to end it.

but also Varrick. Hail Varrick.

• Like 2

Just got back from EoT. It's a beautiful movie every which way. Watched it in 3D and was worth it. Don't remember when was the last time I did not regret 3D. Highly suggest you don't miss it on the big screen. It's a fun action packed sci-fi with humor, a great screenplay and is very well acted.

• Like 3

Ray Subers sums EoT's underwhelming ow well

While critics have been praising the movie's originality, marketing wasn't really able to convey that point to average moviegoers. On a large scale, this looked like just another effects-heavy alien invasion movie, the likes of which arrive in theaters a few times a year. Audiences also had a bit of deja vu thanks to Cruise's presence here, as the movie's visuals seemed too close to last year's Oblivion. Finally, last year's Elysium beat Edge of Tomorrow to the punch with mechanical exoskeletons. On the surface, at least, Edge felt about as redundant as it gets.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3855&p=.htm

This thread....... I miss weekend numbers threads that actually discussed numbers.That being said - great debut for Stars reminds me I how Magic Mike behaved a couple years ago. Strong ww grosses for X-men take away China and it's still the largest one of the bunch by far (unadjusted of course). Nothing much to be said about the other 2 may blockbusters - must suck when the low budget comedy is going to finish with 75% of your gross.

Korra's quality has been up and down for me. The end of Book 1 and the middle of Book 2 are great, but Book 2's center is sandwiched by a mediocre opening and a pretty terrible conclusion. I hated the Deus Ex Jinora scene.

This thread....... I miss weekend numbers threads that actually discussed numbers.That being said - great debut for Stars reminds me I how Magic Mike behaved a couple years ago. Strong ww grosses for X-men take away China and it's still the largest one of the bunch by far (unadjusted of course).Nothing much to be said about the other 2 may blockbusters - must suck when the low budget comedy is going to finish with 75% of your gross.

Ehh I am fine with how these threads go with all the random kookiness...keeps it lively in between numbers and/or updates plus its kind of interesting to see how everyone is killing their time (movies, tv, sports, etc) while waiting for the updates...

Plus when the updates come in, we usually get a decent amount of numbers talk anyways if its worth talking about...

• Like 2

Ehh I am fine with how these threads go with all the random kookiness...keeps it lively in between numbers and/or updates plus its kind of interesting to see how everyone is killing their time (movies, tv, sports, etc) while waiting for the updates...

Plus when the updates come in, we usually get a decent amount of numbers talk anyways if its worth talking about...

Yeah, i think when the numbers, estimates or actuals, come out, they take center-stage. There's bound to be some natural chatter while waiting. I don't mind it.

• Like 1

Watching Sideways. Why Paul Gismatti wasnt nominated I will never understand. Fantastic movie, too.

He was nominated actually in Sideways. He was snubbed for American Splendor (such an underrated performance).