Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

which rates higher game of thrones or the finals

Currently, GOT gets more viewers. Last week's episode got 18M viewers. This week and next may get over 20M. Game 1 of the finals got 15M viewers. I think EOT evening shows may be badly affected by the 1-2 punch of the finals and GOT. Although, looking at theaters in the LA area, TFIOS is also showing low occupancy. The 5:20pm show has 30 tickets sold with 5 minutes to go, these shows were sold out yesterday and Friday.

Currently, GOT gets more viewers. Last week's episode got 18M viewers. This week and next may get over 20M. Game 1 of the finals got 15M viewers. I think EOT evening shows may be badly affected by the 1-2 punch of the finals and GOT. Although, looking at theaters in the LA area, TFIOS is also showing low occupancy. The 5:20pm show has 30 tickets sold with 5 minutes to go, these shows were sold out yesterday and Friday.

Those numbers are live plus every viewing on demand on the reshow later so they are not exactly the live audience

Those numbers are live plus every viewing on demand on the reshow later so they are not exactly the live audience

Around 7.5 Million watch the first airing, still a sizable number. The same night audience may be slightly bigger than that. And it gets to 18M after the Live + 3 day window.

I wouldn't say that at all. In fact, while I liked EOTs visuals, OBLIVION had a certain formal starkness to it that (IMO) was far more memorable.

Kosinski is one of the most talented directors for visuals currently working. I really hope he gets scripts that can take him to the next level.

• Like 2

Finally! Some realistic numbers for Dragon 2. :ph34r:

So there's a chance that no movie post DoFP opens to >70m except for TF4 this summer. (I use 70m cause Maleficent just missed it and HTTYD2 might open below it. Nothing to do with TF4's potential. Trying to find the lowest possible number for dramatic value.)

Edited by a2k

So all of a sudden everyone looks on RS as a trusted, reliable source?

No. I am just finding these silly 100M OW predicts for HTTYD2 to be ridiculous. That's near Toy Story 3 levels. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

No. I am just finding these silly 100M OW predicts for HTTYD2 to ridiculous. That's near Toy Story 3 levels. ;)

True, but an opening in the 60's just...doesn't seem right. Maleficent somewhat filled the empty family movie slot, but there still hasn't been a huge animated film since Lego. I feel 75-80 is doable for HTTYD2. I certainly hope it pulls that off.

And the comment is ridiculous considering that only last year we had GRAVITY, FROZEN, and CATCHING FIRE, all blockbusters that were almost completely driven by female audiences. Not to mention that even the films that are not that female-skewed have a significant female audience component. I mean, it's not like the audience for Transformers is 99.5 percent male, is it? Hollywood should know by now that yes, women go to the movies (duh).

Those movies are 60/40 or so a film that loses out on half the population will struggle either way to do well unless it does a very good job of doing so. All of my male friends saw those 3 movies, and a lot of the times I see a good percentage female audience at the action blockbuster. What makes FIOS impressive is that it is doing so well with such a crazy ratio female to male ratio that also (based on purely anecdotal evidence) seems to cut out most in the 25+ category. It is rare that movies are skewed so far either direction and succeed. One that hit males 15-25 only would be just as impressive as a success.

It is time...

Posted Image

For the first time since the "power of 9" has been established, I am looking forward to the 10th episode (and one scene in particular) than this one. I think they just didn't give enough attention and potency to the Wall story this season, to get really pumped for this. 

And the comment is ridiculous considering that only last year we had GRAVITY, FROZEN, and CATCHING FIRE, all blockbusters that were almost completely driven by female audiences. Not to mention that even the films that are not that female-skewed have a significant female audience component. I mean, it's not like the audience for Transformers is 99.5 percent male, is it? Hollywood should know by now that yes, women go to the movies (duh).

Those movies weren't completely driven by females, the ratio is more equal than you realize. You are mistaking it for female driven instead of them just having female protagonists that males liked. They also had large male audiences too. ;)

• Like 1