Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Can someone rank these?DOFP, EoT, and Looper?

Looper, EoT, DoFP

Mostly because Looper managed to completely creep me out for several weeks after seeing it. I've never had a film create an existential crisis for me before.

Ugh on EOT.  Even with 11 it looks like $30m will be a stretch

DOFP is looking at around $14.8m with a 30% Sun Drop.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in that Sat hold for EoT. That's a potentially worse jump than Oblivion's first Saturday. :mellow: The movie really is gonna need killer legs to do anything now.

I didn't like Looper, the entire farm sequence dragged it down. DOFP and EOT are equally good.

1. EoT2. DOFP3. Looper

1. DOFP: A2. EoT: A- 3. Looper: B- (wasn't a big fan, can barely even remember much from it)

Damn, I loved DOFP.If EoT is on that level then I'm sold.

FIOS may miss 50M for the weekend with a 13M Saturday. Well, at least EOT increased a bit, hopefully it develops legs.

Just need about 10 million to do that 50 million mark.  Think it will drop big on Sunday?

I guess it opened big because

Posted Image

And I guess it dropped big because

Posted Image

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm disappointed in that Sat hold for EoT. That's a potentially worse jump than Oblivion's first Saturday. :mellow: The movie really is gonna need killer legs to do anything now.

Considering Oblivion was during the Spring and this was right at the beginning of the official summer, it's not very surprising that Oblivion would have a bigger Sat jump

Looper, EoT, DoFP Mostly because Looper managed to completely creep me out for several weeks after seeing it. I've never had a film create an existential crisis for me before.

Hmm?Was it a time paradox that had you shook or something more personal about the movie?

EoT is lacking the story and characterization of DOFP, imo. And none of the action sequences in EoT top the best ones from DOFP. But it's still great, just prefer DOFP.

I believe it had a good simple story of survival and overcoming obstacles.  For characterization Cruise did an awesome job as a coward and then suddenly don't give a shit PTSD soldier who wants to get the hell out of this situation.  And he also loves Rita and expressed it well.  EOT is same up there with DOFP.

I hope HTTYD2 makes like 100m+ next weekend, and 22JS 70m+ and save us from this terribly boring summer at the box office.

Be realistic, HTTD2 can make at most 99m. You forget the curse.