Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

disgusting opening for EOT. I said before but the release date is the main problem,. Marketing wasn't great either but releasing it now where it is getting overshadowed by a bunch of other movies and deals with the World Cup overseas has pretty much killed the movie

If it reaches 100 million, thats roughly 900% profit right there alone.

Ok, well, the movie accountant in me is screaming "no, it's not! The studio doesn't get all that money and P&A and blah blah blah!"But whatever, huge success no matter how you cut it.

Well, reading through that...it's not perfect...but it's pretty damn good.Pat yourself on the back.I think your slightly underestimating the turtles though.

I'm starting to think so too. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and she mentioned how she was looking forward to TMNT and I was like, "...Shit"

• Like 1

Sat looking likeMalef 13.4, FIOS 12.5-13.3,EOT 10.3-11,DOFP 6.1,AMW 2.8,Godz 2.4

Weekend and total projections for some films:Maleficent - 33m - 190mFIOS - 48m - 110mEOT - 29m - 90mDOFP - 15m - 220mGodzilla - 6m - 197m
  • Like 2

I'm starting to think so too. I was talking to a co-worker the other day and she mentioned how she was looking forward to TMNT and I was like, "...Shit"

That's weird.A female adult with a job who wants to see TMNT.
  • Like 1

No one's hating on Jolie. Just the terrible film that she was in. She was the diamond in the rough.

Really. I shudder to think of the steaming pile of feces the film would have been without her. It would have been truly unwatchable, and I don't say that about too many films.

• Like 2

DOFP passes Godzilla today then.  :ph34r: Somehow I don't think Apocalypse is gonna do much better than DOFP. Maybe ~$250m? Seems like its audience is rather fixed.  :unsure:

Probably true.Though the epic Emmerich style destruction (I'm not going to discuss the Singer/Emmerich pool party connection there) says to me...while domestic won't grow much (I think it will grow ever so slightly though)...that international will continue the trend of international audiences finally recognizing Xmen. Growth overseas, I see it. They should make sure Blink is back though for dat China dolla.
  • Like 2

Really. I shudder to think of the steaming pile of feces the film would have been without her. It would have been truly unwatchable, and I don't say that about too many films.

Fanning didn't have enough to do where she'd be able to make it bearable.

Probably true.Though the epic Emmerich style destruction (I'm not going to discuss the Singer/Emmerich pool party connection there) says to me...while domestic won't grow much (I think it will grow ever so slightly though)...that international will continue the trend of international audiences finally recognizing Xmen. Growth overseas, I see it. They should make sure Blink is back though for dat China dolla.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse starts reaching juggernaut franchise numbers OS. 250m seems like a safe bet for it DOM though. And even that may not happen if it's not great like DOFP.

• Like 1

Also imagine if it was a first-time no-name actress....... I also shudder to think of how bad the first Young Maleficent was seeing how bad the 2nd one was.

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Apocalypse starts reaching juggernaut franchise numbers OS. 250m seems like a safe bet for it DOM though. And even that may not happen if it's not great like DOFP.

IT WILL BE GREAT.Believe!
  • Like 3