Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I'm not concerned about weekdays for ths movie.. What I'm concerned about which I'm really not is how DOFP is not doing any better than X3, Meaning, it's just as good as X3 or bad, depending on who you ask...

how is it not doing better when it was trailing week1 at 141 vs 129 ... a gap of 12 million. And week2 it's nearly the same...44.8 vs 44.9.

Edited by a2k

I'm not concerned about weekdays for ths movie.. What I'm concerned about which I'm really not is how DOFP is not doing any better than X3, Meaning, it's just as good as X3 or bad, depending on who you ask...

You think boxoffice determines how good a film is?  Hahaha...

I hope you start singing praises for SW7 when it comes close to or beats The Avengers then.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 4

I think the previous movies enhance the recent films but they're not mandatory viewing.

DOFP ending spoilers

That scene at the end with Rogue and Jean and Scott just blew me away in the theater. Suffice it to say, that's my favorite scene of the movie, and it was greatly enhanced by the fact that I knew the full history for all those characters.

DOFP is a good movie and you can enjoy it if you went in clueless, but I feel that from an outsiders point of view, movies like Transformers or Fast & Furious are far less daunting to try out if you haven't seen any of the previous ones. They seem much more straightforward and just plain don't look like such a confusing universe.

The drops for DOFP aren't performing any better than X3, both of which are dropping like a rock and you know it.. The movie just wasn't as good as the fans made it out to be otherwise, the holds would be ALOT better than they are.. This is simply payback for Singer trying to do away with a perfectly good movie like X3.. Karma is a bitch and will come back to bite ya.. :stirthepot: 

"dropping like a rock" only makes sense for godzilla.

dofp opened to 90.8 and after weekend #3 it will be 190+

godzilla opened to 93.1 and after weekend #4 it will be at 185+

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

guys, quit arguing with BKB, he's clearly lost it with regards to X3 and DOFP, and you know damn well there's no getting through to him

Poking fun at the only man who thinks X3 is better than DOFP is tempting though...

But you're right.

• Like 1

DOFP ending spoilers

That scene at the end with Rogue and Jean and Scott just blew me away in the theater. Suffice it to say, that's my favorite scene of the movie, and it was greatly enhanced by the fact that I knew the full history for all those characters.

DOFP is a good movie and you can enjoy it if you went in clueless, but I feel that from an outsiders point of view, movies like Transformers or Fast & Furious are far less daunting to try out if you haven't seen any of the previous ones. They seem much more straightforward and just plain don't look like such a confusing universe.

I guess I can't relate to an outsiders view.I follow the X-men movies closely.Then again why did Catching Fire have solid legs. It's not any easier to follow.

Then again why did Catching Fire have solid legs. It's not any easier to follow.

???

I saw Catching Fire, with no knowledge of the books. I didn't feel like I needed to know jack squat about any of the other districts. Hell, I couldn't even tell you what district Katniss is from right now. They're all pretty much normal humans with normal abilities, I don't need to keep track of a bizarre list of powers. Nor did I need to know whether Mystique was in love with Magneto or Xavier or Beast or what the hell her relationship is with the three of them.

the latest deadline numbers, for the folks who missed them:

1). The Fault In Our Stars (FOX), 3,171 theaters / $23.5M to $25M+ Fri. / 3-day cume: $53M+ (Fox says lower at $48M) / Wk 1

2) Maleficent (DIS), 3,948 theaters (0) / $9.8M to $10.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $32.6M to $35M (-53%) / Total expected cume: $126.5M / Wk 2

3). Edge of Tomorrow (WB), 3,490 theaters / $10.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $28M to $30M / Wk 1

4). X-Men: Days of Future Past (FOX), 3,639 theaters (-362) / $4.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $$14M to $16M (-51%) / Total cume: $189.5M to $190.5M / Wk 3

5). A Million Ways to Die in the West (UNI), 3,160 theaters (+2) / $2.2M to $2.4M Fri. / 3-day cume: $7.3M to $7.5M (-55%) / Total cume: $30M+ / Wk 2

6). Godzilla (WB), 3,110 theaters (-391) / $1.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $6.3M (-47%) / Total cume: $185.4M / Wk 4

7). Neighbors (UNI), 2,674 theaters (-265) / $1.5M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.9M (-38%) / Total cume: $137.6M / Wk 5

7). Blended (WB), 2,928 theaters (-627) / $1.25M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.2M (-47%) / Total cume: $36.8M / Wk 3

9). Chef (OPRD), 1,298 theaters (+674) / $699K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.6M (+36%) / Total cume: $10.4M / Wk 5

10). The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (SONY) 1,481 theaters (-671) / $525K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.9M (-49%) / Total cume: $196.3M / Wk 6

Apocalypse, coming off a strong movie like DoFP, will be the litmus test as to whether X-Men is ever going to resonate really well with the GA. Although one could probably make the argument that DoFP should have performed better since it was coming off the well-received FC, that DoFP should have been the TDK to FC's BB.

At the end of the day I think that X-Men just don't clique that well with the GA. Too many mutants that people don't know or don't care about.

• Like 3

Apocalypse, coming off a strong movie like DoFP, will be the litmus test as to whether X-Men is ever going to resonate really well with the GA. Although one could probably make the argument that DoFP should have performed better since it was coming off the well-received FC, that DoFP should have been the TDK to FC's BB.

At the end of the day I think that X-Men just don't clique that well with the GA. Too many mutants that people don't know or don't care about.

It's going to jump about 50% from First Class. That's about all you can ask for, right?