Plain Old Tele

SPEED 20 Year Anniversary: Meet the Passengers

Joss Whedon Was Left 'Pretty Devastated' After Losing 'Speed' Writing Credit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/10/joss-whedon-speed_n_5473795.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

"In my whole career, I’ve never had to talk about it. I’ve never signed a copy of it, I’ve never sort of been a part of it. And I was proud of it, I worked hard on it, I had a really great time and I worked with really cool people. I thought it was good stuff. Graham has been very generous, but I did not get a credit on it. The studio gave me one, but then the Writers Guild of America took it away, and I was pretty devastated. I have the only poster with my credit on it."

• Like 3

It's really weird seeing a bunch of people coming out on twitter today and saying it's "okay" and "passable."This is a completely preposterous movie that hits all the right beats and was impossibly tense. Yes, I can see all the bad angles and poor continuity and every mistake because I've seen it so many times. Who cares?? It's a blast and I'm going to go home and watch it tonight.

• Like 1

It's really weird seeing a bunch of people coming out on twitter today and saying it's "okay" and "passable."This is a completely preposterous movie that hits all the right beats and was impossibly tense. Yes, I can see all the bad angles and poor continuity and every mistake because I've seen it so many times. Who cares?? It's a blast and I'm going to go home and watch it tonight.

The only thing I didn't get, and still don't, in the movie was - what is the lady doing with a pram full of soda cans? I like that it adds tension and makes the audience think the movie killed a baby, but do people walk around like that, or used to?

The only thing I didn't get, and still don't, in the movie was - what is the lady doing with a pram full of soda cans? I like that it adds tension and makes the audience think the movie killed a baby, but do people walk around like that, or used to?

Yes, they do. Prams, or shopping carts, or whatever they can get their hands on to fill up with recyclables.

does anyone else think Reeves was actually pretty good in this film? He is bland in other movies but here he actually seemed lively and charismatic 

Nah, when he finds the hidden hole under the bin and tells Sandra bullock to freeze, he gives one of the most cringe inducing speeches ive ever heard. The guy is probably the most likeable guy in Hollywood but man does he suck lol.