CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

My son LOVES Sonic... like it’s part of who he is right now. But this movie looks terrible... I don’t even know if I should show him trailer....

If you want him to stop liking Sonic, then sure.

19 minutes ago, Porthos said:

BOT:  Wow Sonic is trash.  Who designed this. LOLOLOLOLOL

Sonic: Okay, let's change it.

BOT: Whoa whoa whoa.  What about artistic integrity here?  Why are you even listening to us in the first place?

Sonic: *smashes forehead against desk repeatedly*

This is not Orson Welles making Citizen Kane of Coppola making The Godfather;it 's a freaking studio made movie done for one purpose:To make money.

What amuses me is that BOT seesm to overlook that the Sonic design was just one bad thing in a trailer full of bad things. A better looking Sonic alone is not going to make this a good movie. Mabye a bit more marketable..until the WOM gets out...but that's about it.

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i kinda see it both ways. but it's only bad in the sense that they're just sinking more money into a movie that's probably gonna be DOA anyway. would be better to cut their losses but paramount are in such a place that they kinda need this to hit. this and terminator 6 a couple weeks between each other this is not gonna be a fun november for them.

They have Gemini Man out the month before too, and that looks like a big flop waiting to happen

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Crazy to think that pretty soon Paramount's top dog movie franchise will be Spongebob (Tom Cruise is probably gonna stop doing M:I after #8).

Spongebob 3 is probably gonna be the last one, and it's out 2 years before MI 8. Also, if A Quiet Place 2 doesn't drop much then that will be Paramount's biggest franchise.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

They have Gemini Man out the month before too, and that looks like a big flop waiting to happen

Spongebob 3 is probably gonna be the last one, and it's out 2 years before MI 8. Also, if A Quiet Place 2 doesn't drop much then that will be Paramount's biggest franchise.

don't forget Top Gun 2.  Oh boy that's gonna be a bomb for the ages.  i'm not rooting for Par anymore. they deserve to flop

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Make him look like Sonichu. Cash in on that sweet Pokémon nostalgia.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Paramount should close shop. how can they fuck it up so badly  every.single.time?

They still have Tom Cruise movies keeping them afloat. Also, A Quiet Place 2 could do well next year. Kind of weird how they're fine with Terminator 6, Sonic and Gemini Man but cancelled Fincher's WWZ 2.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

don't forget Top Gun 2.  Oh boy that's gonna be a bomb for the ages.  i'm not rooting for Par anymore. they deserve to flop

I don't think Top Gun 2 is gonna flop. The first one's incredibly iconic, and they haven't run the brand to the ground like Terminator. Also, unlike Independence Day 2 the star is back, and the Cruise missile is still huge overseas. Can't see it going below $150m dom either tbh.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't think Top Gun 2 is gonna flop. The first one's incredibly iconic, and they haven't run the brand to the ground like Terminator. Also, unlike Independence Day 2 the star is back, and the Cruise missile is still huge overseas. Can't see it going below $150m dom either tbh.

i doubt OS cares about FUCK YEAH AMERICA movie. it's a flop i'm telling you

Edited by Alli

19 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean I'm not a fan of people on the internet dictating the looks of characters and what not 

BUT 

The Sonic design was universally hated that Paramount needs to do something. Granted they could have literally asked one fan and known that the design was trash so it's kinda obvious they didn't even do that BUT again better to try and fix things then send out a dumpster fire to theaters. 

Even with a good looking Sonic this movie had Dumpster fire written all over it.

Poor Paramount;They finally have some luck ,but then manage to piss it all away.

I guess Top Gun 2 is their best hope for this year but would not be surprised if that, if not out and out bombing, underperforms at the box office.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

What amuses me is that BOT seesm to overlook that the Sonic design was just one bad thing in a trailer full of bad things. A better looking Sonic alone is not going to make this a good movie. Mabye a bit more marketable..until the WOM gets out...but that's about it.

Well I mean, my complaint about the trailer wasn't even tied into the design of the character, so I see what you're saying.

(obligatory comment about "Not directed at me so take my opinion with massive grains of salt")

Thing is, there is only so much that can be changed here (while noting the film is obviously still being edited, so who knows what the final cut will be like).  But an all-CGI design of the lead character/selling point of the film is certainly one of them.

Put a gun to my head, and I think this'll probably work as well as it did when Solo threw a massive Hail Mary pass to save its film when it came to reception from the GA.  I.e.: Not very.

On the other hand, it's not like they are changing directors here or (allegedly) radically shifting the tone of the movie.  So maybe they have a chance here.

When it comes right down to it, it might be more with an eye toward the home media market and the life the movie has AFTER it is in theaters.  

Just have to see how it all turns out, I suppose.  Just find it interesting that they even decided to change things in the first place, rather than crash and burn the movie and write it all off as a loss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

You were also saying Fallout was gonna bomb, and yet...

NOPe i didn't say that about Fallout. I loved Rogue Nation and was pulling for Fallout.

anyway, this sonic character seems serious business ...

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't know, Cruise is not as strong at the box office as he used to be.

One problem is the budget for Top Gun 2 apparently got out of control. So what could have been a really profitable film might end up making a minor profit.

And I am not sure about overseas;the US is not popular overseas ( no wonder with who is in the White House) and if it's is as "Yay USA" as the first even Cruise might not save it overseas.

Cruise is not as popular as he was a few years ago. The bad publicity caught up with him,

People will still turn out to see Ethan Hunt, but a lot of the Cruise films are a lot more problematic.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The difference is that all the other awful things about the movie were done intentionally. They weren't trying to do anything other than a generic live-action cartoon adaptation, like the Smurfs and Chipmunks movies. Awful as those movies might be, they still find an audience, and they still make money (at least at the start). But if they're hearing that even children are repulsed by Sonic's design then they have a real problem on their hands.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TMP said:

Kind of weird how they're fine with Terminator 6, Sonic and Gemini Man but cancelled Fincher's WWZ 2.

I think not being able to get the first film released in China probably had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, TMP said:

They still have Tom Cruise movies keeping them afloat. Also, A Quiet Place 2 could do well next year. Kind of weird how they're fine with Terminator 6, Sonic and Gemini Man but cancelled Fincher's WWZ 2.

Why wouldn't they greenlight Gemini Man?  Sounds great on paper.  It's a high concept Will Smith sci-fi action movie from a two-time Oscar-winning director.