CaptainJackSparrow

Sonic the Hedgehog | Paramount | Feb 14 2020 | Visionary Auteur Tim Miller to produce | See Sonic's new plastic surgery on page 58

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

</side comment, please don't take it as a derail>

Guess I should not be surprised that sportscaster Tony Bruno, who I haven't payed attention to in years, went Full MAGA. 

Sigh.  :kitschjob:

</side comment, please don't take it as a derail>

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think Paramount showed good sense in NOT pulling the trailer from theaters. The damage had been done, and pulling it only would have attracted more attention to it, and the trailer would still have eteranal life on the Internet.

Bingo. It would have been textbook Streisand Effect.

That’s part of why people remember the Spider-Man teaser with the World Trade Center so much.

Edited by TServo2049

5 hours ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

So apperently that Team Sonic Racing game is fine? Eh i will just go with Crash Team Racing. Can't come soon enough.

Sumo Digital knows how to make a good kart racer. I don't really care for Crash, so I'll probably pick up TSR at some point on sale. That soundtrack is a banger.

8 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Bingo. It would have been textbook Streisand Effect.

That’s part of why people remember the Spider-Man teaser with the World Trade Center so much.

Or "Heaven's Gate" effect.

The decision by United Artists to pull Heaven's Gate from general release a couple of days after it opened to terrible reviews  (in a hope that massive recutting could save it) ..it had been slated. along with "Raging Bull" to be one of their two big Christmas releases....did a lot more to doom the company then the fact of Heaven's Gate bombing did. If they had got ahead and released, it still would have bombed, but the studio would have survived. But their pulling it from release got massive publicity and the media was quick to paint the  management as  hopeless incompetnets,Transamerica which owned the UA was stung much more by the massive publicity then by the actual finiancial loss (which, though painful, was manageable) decided to get out of the movie business and sold UA to MGM, ended it existence as a independent studio.  The decision to pull Heavne gate from relase is considered one of the worst decisions in Holly wood history. It made a bad, but survivable situation, into a catastrophe.

Edited by dudalb

23 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

At least it seems to be out of the way of competitors that would have surely taken it out to the cleaners like Star Wars, Jumanji, etc.

Peter Rabbit 2 and Call of the Wild are in February tho

20 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Me on Jan 1st, 2019: Wow, I can't wait to watch The New Mutants, Artemis Fowl, and Sonic the Hedgehog this year!

Me currently: 

Why on Earth would anyone be saying that in the first place? :hahaha: