pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

Oh, this is very interesting. Thank you.

Don't you think it would be better if we could base on admissions instead of $$$?

I wish I could have every data of every country but, sadly, I do not have that access. I just take BOM figures and I adjust them with current exchange rates. Just a few countries give the admissions of each movie.

I am trying to make a WW adjuster, but it is very hard to get every average ticket price of every country of every year.

Not a record.

No, not a record, but considering that with current exchange rates there would not be any past movie (excepting Titanic and Avatar, of course), that would had done $800m OS, I think it is a very remarkable number.

• Like 1

No, not a record, but considering that with current exchange rates there would not be any past movie (excepting Titanic and Avatar, of course), that would had done $800m OS, I think it is a very remarkable number.

Do you know how interstellar's overseas gross compared to other Nolan films using same exchange rates

With these exchange rates, TDKR wont do 1B WW.

As with 544 OS, added by 448 DOM, equals 992M WW. Seems very very close.

There are many movies that today would had not reached 1 billion:

Toy Story 3 (951)

Jurassic Park (975)

Hobbit 1 (892)

TDK (910)

TDKR (992)

Alice in Wonderland (892)

POTC2 (997)

POTC4 (849)

Skyfall (991)

And TF3 would make it barely.

On the other side, there would be 1 film that did not reach 1 billion and today would have done it widely which is Harry Potter 1 (1.069 billion)

told you all this wouldn't make a billion. Kind of embarrassing if you ask me.

Domestically yes. But overseas audiences supported the movie and made it the highest attended movie of the trilogy almost everywhere. Thank you overseas audiences. Thank you for supporting more films than just Katniss and Marvel

Thanks for this. Also what month last year would you say the exchange rates really changed?

It depends on the currency. The biggest individual crisis, Russian Ruble, plummeted mainly in December. Euro, on the other hand, peaked on last May and since then it has dropped quite constantly until the end of the year. But now it is increasing the drop rate. It is difficult to set a start date. Let's say in Autumn.

Edited by peludo

It depends on the currency. The biggest individual crisis, Russian Ruble, plummeted mainly in December. Euro, on the other hand, peaked on last May and since then it has dropped quite constantly until the end of the year. But now it is increasing the drop rate. It is difficult to set a start date. Let's say in Autumn.

so that means Hobbit's overseas numbers would have been equivalent to 800m if it had released in the summer of 2014? 

so that means Hobbit's overseas numbers would have been equivalent to 800m if it had released in the summer of 2014? 

Well, it is difficult to know since exchange rates have dropped since December and TH3 has run mainly along December and January. With so big changes in a so short time it is more difficult to extrapolate data. Let's say to be fair that about 770 would be sure, and we could talk maybe of 780. I see 800 too high if it had been released last Summer.

Well, it is difficult to know since exchange rates have dropped since December and TH3 has run mainly along December and January. With so big changes in a so short time it is more difficult to extrapolate data. Let's say to be fair that about 770 would be sure, and we could talk maybe of 780. I see 800 too high if it had been released last Summer.

that still would have easily put it over 1 billion worldwide. 

if exchange rates are still poor, does that mean 50 Shades of Grey would be a lot higher than it was now if it had come out a year ago?