Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I am depressed.They finally produce a crown jewel franchise and can't promote it. Pathetic work by Fox/DreamWorks marketing.It will leg it out to a good overall number thanks to Dubois, Powell etc. But the massive 300 million number can't happen without marketng help and it looks like they threw a ton if cash away.

• Like 6

The GA was interested in these movies.But...Interested doesn't equal excited.

Okay I worded it wrong. What I'm trying to say is there hasn't really been a big event film. Last year was Iron Man, before that was Avengers and TDKR. Nothing released so far this year has been in the same league as these.
  • Like 1

Relax, people.  It is going to have a very good Saturday.  And it will have very good legs over the next month.  Frozen had a frickin' 6X multiplier during a crowded time of year when it was going up against other blockbusters.  Now, Dragon is not going to have a 6X multiplier, obviously, but it will still do really well.  Just relax.

• Like 4

Relax, people.  It is going to have a very good Saturday.  And it will have very good legs over the next month.  Frozen had a frickin' 6X multiplier during a crowded time of year when it was going up against other blockbusters.  Now, Dragon is not going to have a 6X multiplier, obviously, but it will still do really well.  Just relax.

Unless Christmas decides to move to July...This ain't getting Frozne legs.
  • Like 1

It's just the weight of the expectations. If it opens to 52m, a 4.2 multiplier will give it 218.4m, close to the first one. I think most were expecting 250m+. It can still be top 3 films of the summer (though that would partly be to the merit of a dull summer).

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

It's just the weight of the expectations. If it opens to 52m, a 4.2 multiplier will give it 218.4m, close to the first one. I think most were expecting 250m+. It can still be top 3 films of the summer (though that would partly be to the merit of a dull summer).

Your last comment there...dull summer...is a major part of why this performance is so disapointing. Edited by kowhite
  • Like 2