Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

I can't even think properly about the rest of the Summer. It is just too bad to be true. This was such an epic fail of a weekend.

Blame Dragon 2 for dropping the ball so badly. 22JS did what was expected of it. :ph34r:

I hope Dragon is somehow able to have a huge multiplier of around 5X so we can sort of get back to those days when OW meant nothing and legs meant everything.  We saw this with Frozen, Lincoln, Juno, etc. but it is still so extremely rare in the 21st century. 

Fault dropping on Saturday is not that surprising. Magic Mike (another film whose audience is mostly female) dropped on its second Saturday as well.

Female driven movies are susceptible to the same weakness leveled against male driven movies or males in general: no staying power, wham-bam-thank-you-ma'm.

That sounds more like Alice in Wonderland. Whose sequel I wouldn't be surprised to see make twice less money domestically.

That's likely due to how bad the first film was

I think some of us are going to be surprised at how leggy these two are, especially Dragon 2.

And let's not forget it still has every major foreign territory to open in too. It's going to be just fine
  • Like 1

Still, one of the saddest things about Dragon's dissapointment is that is seems like you can't open a kids movie well when you try to take them seriously. We've seen it in the less straight-up comedic tone for Epic, ROTG, and now this, and frankly, that's kind of sad.

• Like 9