Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

reasonable $70m scenario for 22JS right now would be 

Fri 27–29

Sat 22–24 (flat with Fri  previews)

Sun 16–18 (steeper than usual for R-rated summer sunday because of sequel + fathers day + NBA)

$65–71m

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

The less I keep up with the consensus on predictions, the more I realize you guys get your expectations too high. Anything over 60mil for Dragon is okay in my book. 

70 should have happened...  <_<

It still is early though. Just hit 5 on west coast (busiest set at my theater is right now and at 7).

• Like 4

GA doesn't care only about robots or monsters. See the failure of PR and the success of TF or Godzilla. Both focused a lot of marketing in humans. The teaser of TF4 is all about presenting the new humans.

GODZILLA isn't successful because of the human characters. It's all about the monsters.

• Like 1

The less I keep up with the consensus on predictions, the more I realize you guys get your expectations too high. Anything over 60mil for Dragon is okay in my book. 

I predicted 59m OW for Dragon in ShawnMR's 70m topic. :ph34r:

• Like 1

The 1st HTTYD had some pretty good legs and good WOM. I expect the same for this one because the sequel actually is pretty good.

However the 1st HTTYD was in March where this being in June I still seeing it having good WOM and legs.

• Like 4

The 1st HTTYD had some pretty good legs and good WOM. I expect the same for this one because the sequel actually is pretty good.

However the 1st HTTYD was in March where this being in June I still seeing it having good WOM and legs.

4th of July weekend will help a lot. 

• Like 1

67% weekend drop. That's Twilight sequel level second weekend drop! :rofl:

It was pretty obvious from the get-go that TFIOS was going to be very frontloaded, especially since it's based off a book that teenagers / young adults primarily read.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Normally I would go 4x for HTTYD2. But this year has had bad multipliers. Lego's 3.71 is the highest for 100m+ movies I guess, followed by Peabody's 3.43. Rio2 and Ride Along the other 2 100m+ films to have >3.0 multiplier. So will go a little conservative with 3.65-3.85 multiplier for HTTYD2.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2