Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

99% bump for EoT

89% bump for DoFP

63% bump for Malef

72% bump for FiOS

Very healthy for a summer Friday.

The same films that had harder than usual Thur drops hand larger than usual Friday jumps - basically the more male skewing ones.  The playoffs had a big effect.

So New York Times got it right:"Dragon 2 is considerably darker and more self-aware than its forerunner. Both films are speedier than the average animated blockbuster. In places, Dragon 2 is almost too fast to keep up with, and, in other places, it’s a little too dark, at least in 3-D."Apprarently Dragon 2 is too dark for kids. And its pacing is too faster for GA to follow.In other words, it is too good and smart an animated film that it underperforms.

Its been out a day, how would parents know that? Parents that kid their kids at 11am showings told parents going to 4pm showings "hey, its pretty dark, i dont think Megan cam handle it" ? Thatll be a factor after the weekend, but not the day of release.

What are you even talking about lol? I post all over the boards in different topics, half of your likes-spreading I get come from Star Wars thread :mellow: You're trying to construct some bizarre argument how you and fellow geeks are 'men of cinema' while those who don't sit 24/7 in comic book movie threads can't possibly be into art of film. Where did that even come from lol?

See, here's my current issue with the boards, and this isn't actually directed just at you; I've had issues with this before you joined.

Nolanites, Frozenites, Marvelites, all the little fanboy groups? None of them are hopelessly annoying as what I'm dubbing the "Originites." Originites are people who hate relentlessly on franchise movies, regardless on if they're well-made or not. I remember last year when there was a member who hated on practically every movie of the summer except Now You See Me.

Here's my issue with what you and other Originites implying: just because I like comic book movies doesn't make me like all comic book movies. Around Thor 2's release last year, I discovered I too was getting bored with the genericness of the genre, but then Winter Soldier and Days of Future Past actually innovated inside the genre, and that's why I liked them. Meanwhile, TASM2 was a generic cookie cutter product that I rightfully hated on.

This leads into my main overall problem with Originites: they're too pretentious to bother enjoying any sequel. Just this year so far, my top 5 has three sequels. Unfortunately, original ideas are hard to come by in Hollywood these days. Fortunately, it's not hard to find good films based off pre-existing properties, and I'd much rather support those than shitty original movies. It just gets me so annoyed when anyone writes off any sequel as crap.

FYI, BobbyJohn, this rant has been brewing for awhile so don't take it all personally. It's directed at a lot of people here actually...

• Like 3

So New York Times got it right: "Dragon 2 is considerably darker and more self-aware than its forerunner. Both films are speedier than the average animated blockbuster. In places, Dragon 2 is almost too fast to keep up with, and, in other places, it’s a little too dark, at least in 3-D." Apprarently Dragon 2 is too dark for kids. And its pacing is too faster for GA to follow. In other words, it is too good and smart an animated film that it underperforms.

I think it is more the fact that Dragon 2 is less of a comedy which might turn off some families. :wacko:

• Like 1