Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Also that article came out a year ago before any other similar ones so I think that was the main movie they were betting on

Actually, I think TASM2 was the first article, then DOFP, then Transformers and finally Dragon 2.

• Like 1

Okay, just got to work and what number did I give for 22JS this time yesterday?I think it was 1100ish.It's done 1148! On pace to match yesterday's number!

In line with what I am expecting for today, around 20M.

What about HTTYD2?

• Like 1

It's not a bullshit claim. It's legit. People were talking about DOFP doing X2 or Last Stand numbers. That's about $280M give or take a few million. Shawn wrote an article about how DOFP could win the summer. You can look it up to disprove what I am saying or take the claim at its face or ignore it. Do what you have to do to be happy.

i dunno about dom specifically, but looking at this thread few people thought it would cross 640m ww, so i'd say it exceeded expectations.

• Like 1

IN (Days of Future Past OVER $275 Million Domestic)

ShawnMR ($290m+)

AA

#ED

B J (292.8+)

grim22

jse

commonsense88

keysersoze123

acetabulum7

Mulder

Mango (285)

Jay Hollywood

Alucard (290)

TheAlmightySosa

simbaqueen

Cmasterclay

Noctis

Captain Jack Sparrow

DamienRoc

OUT (Days of Future Past UNDER $275 Million Domestic)

Telemachos?

Godzilla (225-230)

Neo (260)

The Panda

Caesar (<220)

Black Hawk (245)

Empire

charles

CloneWars

Fancyarcher

BKB (<200)

The Stingray (250 max)

Olive (230-240)

CJohn

grey ghost

Goffe

The Sun's Son

reddevil18

darkelf

acab

Gokai Red

AJG

starkster

19 People predicted 275 million or more.

23 people predicted less than that.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/14853-x-men-days-of-future-past-star-trek-adjusted-275-million-dom-club-this-is-why-inflation-clubs-are-bad-ideas-p/

Unless a lot more 280 range predictions were made in the main thread, to say that most people made predictions in that range is inaccurate.

• Like 7

I think what is REALLY hurting Dragon 2 so much is that no one gives a shit about 3D anymore, which probably help the first movie a lot. :ph34r:

Have you made a single comment about Dragon that didn't have the :ph34r: smilie?
  • Like 4

I have a theory as to why Dragon opened lower then 22 Jump Street. I remember the first Dragon and most of my friends aka the young adult/university/college crowd went to see it and really loved it. 22 Jump Street aims straight at that demographic. If I had the choice between 22 Jump or Dragon I'd see 22 jump street first and go see Dragon whenever I got the time. I still want to see Dragon in theaters, but it's not a MUST SEE NOW movie whereas Jump is. Maybe other people feel the same? Hopefully this'll mean a long healthy box office run since Dragon is alone in competition for a month.

This... is actually pretty accurate. I would've seen Dragon 2 ASAP, but 22 Jump Street is simply a much higher priority to see with a good crowd, even though I was more excited for Dragon 2.

• Like 1

And why would you assume all X3, X2 predictions were adjusted?

Because I am always comparing movies adjusted. So naturally I would assume that. Don't you think it's pretty stupid asking me why I would assume the predictions are adjusted? It's pretty obvious if you read my posts.

• Like 1

Also that article came out a year ago before any other similar ones so I think that was the main movie they were betting on

I'm not saying that you're wrong at all. You are probably 100% correct. However, I remember what I read. I just don't remember when I read it. If predictions changed and I didn't know, then I didn't know.

• Like 1