stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

Man, I don't know if I can remember my first R rated movie in theaters. That was a long ass time ago.

I believe mine was Terminator 2: Judgment Day. I am not sure whether anything before that was considered an R-rated movie. I just can't remember.

Anyway, the first rated R movie I saw in theaters was Alien VS Predator 2 when I was in sixth grade.

Mine as a kid was the first half of Psycho in a drive in.  It was the second half of a double feature, the first one was Star Wars.  I was supposed to be asleep for the second movie :P

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Anyway, the first rated R movie I saw in theaters was Alien VS Predator 2 when I was in sixth grade.

I pity you.

Also, you're quite a young chap. What are you doing among all these older deviants?

I believe mine was Terminator 2: Judgment Day. I am not sure whether anything before that was considered an R-rated movie. I just can't remember.

Looking back at the yearly charts, I think my first was Die Hard 2. Which I'm totally okay with! I know I also saw Navy Seals at the dollar show. My parents would take me on Friday night when my sister was at the football games. We also saw Delta Force 2 there.

Since I only started to go to the theater regularly in late 2005 (before that I only went to see HP1, HP2, Ice Age and Polar Express), my first R rated movie in a theater was kinda late. 

It was one of these four: Smokin' Aces, The Departed, Breaking and Entering or Blood Diamond. Three of them opened in the January-February 2007 period. The Departed opened in November 2006 but I only went to see it when it was re-released for the Oscars. I was 13 years old. 

Edited by CJohn

As long as they are accompanied by an adult, I think 25+. Although my theater chain will no long allow kids 6 and under into R-rated movies at all as of recently.

Your theater chain is doing it wrong. Rated R means any kid can see a movie as long as they go with someone 17 or older. That older person is suppose to be the kid's parents, but in general theaters don't care as long as one person in a group is 17 or older.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system#Current

My first R rated film was Alien(1979)...and I was entirely too young to see it, thanks Mom and Dad for that. :blink:

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 2

Your theater chain is doing it wrong. Rated R means any kid can see a movie as long as they go with someone 17 or older. That older person is suppose to be the kid's parents, but in general theaters don't care as long as one person in a group is 17 or older.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system#Current

No, if someone is 17 or older they can buy a ticket. They can not buy a ticket for someone under the age of 17, you need to be 21 or older for that (Not 25 like I said).

Edit: Also any divergence of this is the discretion of the theater chain. Mine won't allow kids under 6, other will. Some will be stricter about the 17/21 things other might not care. There is probably some interpretation on who a parent or guardian is. For some its 21+ for others it might be 17. There is no wrong here.

Edited by OmegaSupreme

Aaron Paul is now commanding peoples TV

One of the coolest things about the Xbox One is arguably its Kinect voice command feature, so of course Microsoft would want to highlight this capability in its new ads — but apparently the demonstration is working a little too well.

The new spot features Aaron Paul of “Breaking Bad” using his Xbox One in all its voice command glory, but when Paul tells his console to turn itself on, he’s accidentally turning on consoles in living rooms everywhere. Xbox One owners have taken to Twitter to share their surprise, amusement, and, at times, sputtering frustration.

Damn it, @aaronpaul_8 is in an Xbox One commercial on tv, he says "Xbox On", and our xbox turns on EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Left my tv on and went into another room to read and what do you know when I walked back in? @aaronpaul_8 turned on my Xbox One again.

Intentional? Probably not. Interesting? Definitely. Mike Cannon of Tech Times brings up an eerie thought: if an ad can do this by mistake, how long until marketers start doing it on purpose?

• Like 3

As long as they are accompanied by an adult, I think 25+. Although my theater chain will no long allow kids 6 and under into R-rated movies at all as of recently.

And that's tolerated? As long as there is an adult one can take a child to see 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE? THE WOLF OF WALL STREET? Wow.