BK007

Wed #s (RTH) 22JS 5.7 HTTYD2 4.8 Mal 2.4

I guess I am the only person on this forum who believes Dragon 2 is going to have a great 2nd weekend and do 30-34.  Everyone else is saying only upper 20s.  If it only does upper 20s, that would be terrible. 

Sorry, Amerika is only interested in one Dragon these days.

Posted Image

• Like 2

I guess I am the only person on this forum who believes Dragon 2 is going to have a great 2nd weekend and do 30-34.  Everyone else is saying only upper 20s.  If it only does upper 20s, that would be terrible. 

HTTYD did $29m, if D2 can best that then I think it'll hit $200m without too much work. D1 was in march/april so it's weekends would be a bit more loaded than summer.

• Like 1

The first Dragon movie fell only 33% in its 2nd weekend, and it had the same acclaim from both audiences and critics.  I would use that as a barometer rather than random June animations over the years.  Look at the first one's trajectory and percentages.

You must realize the timeframe of releases is above all else the most comparable.

• Like 1

I guess I am the only person on this forum who believes Dragon 2 is going to have a great 2nd weekend and do 30-34.  Everyone else is saying only upper 20s.  If it only does upper 20s, that would be terrible

When it failed to match the first film on its first Sat-Sun and the first film made 29m its second weekend? Upper 20s would be excellent, IMO.

• Like 1

And they still bang on theater doors to see the Dame. Who else?

Posted Image

Well they aren't seeing the film for the dragon (who's in the film, but is not Maleficent) that's for sure.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1