BK007

Wed #s (RTH) 22JS 5.7 HTTYD2 4.8 Mal 2.4

If DOFP can manage a sub 50% drop that'll be great and it could do it. 

Next week begins it's big hit and direct audience competition that should send it's weekends and dailies down faster with TF4. 

It's now at $209.5m and Thursday dailies put it over $210m.

If it can manage another $5-6m over the weekend we have a ballpark of $216m.

Under $1m dailies next week and it's at about $219m +/- as TF4 opens on 6/27.

Not bad at all for the film or franchise with a discount theater run still weeks away at that point. 

• Like 9

I cannot believe that Boxoffice.com is projecting Dragon 2 to only make 27.5 this upcoming weekend.  Seriously?  Considering the word of mouth and Flixster score, that movie is guaranteed to make 30-35 this weekend.  The weekend title is a toss up between Kevin Hart's comedy and Dragon 2.  What is the reasoning for them to project 27.5 for Dragon?

• Like 1

I cannot believe that Boxoffice.com is projecting Dragon 2 to only make 27.5 this upcoming weekend.  Seriously?  Considering the word of mouth and Flixster score, that movie is guaranteed to make 30-35 this weekend.  The weekend title is a toss up between Kevin Hart's comedy and Dragon 2.  What is the reasoning for them to project 27.5 for Dragon?

Nothing so far has suggested it's going to do any better than any of the other recent June animations.
  • Like 2

Nothing so far has suggested it's going to do any better than any of the other recent June animations.

The first Dragon movie fell only 33% in its 2nd weekend, and it had the same acclaim from both audiences and critics.  I would use that as a barometer rather than random June animations over the years.  Look at the first one's trajectory and percentages.

• Like 1

The first Dragon movie fell only 33% in its 2nd weekend, and it had the same acclaim from both audiences and critics.  I would use that as a barometer rather than random June animations over the years.  Look at the first one's trajectory and percentages.

Not good comparison. Since weekdays in June are stronger, weekend holds tend to be weaker. Best way is to extrapolate from its wednesday to 2nd weekend and compare that to other animation flicks in June. It definitely aint dropping like dragon 1 for sure.

• Like 1

Do you really think it can make that much? Or are you being sarcastic?
  • Like 1