BK007

Wed #s (RTH) 22JS 5.7 HTTYD2 4.8 Mal 2.4

Hello guys! I have been following this site for about a year now and now I've finally decided to register. Although I am very interested in box office, I don't consider myself an expert so don't be mad at me if I make stupid predictions or such. :D I'm not sure how much I will post here but I hope it's going to be fun. :)Talking about the numbers, does HTTYD2 still have a chance at $200m domestically?

Welcome to the forums. :)
  • Like 2

Hello guys! I have been following this site for about a year now and now I've finally decided to register. Although I am very interested in box office, I don't consider myself an expert so don't be mad at me if I make stupid predictions or such. :D I'm not sure how much I will post here but I hope it's going to be fun. :)

Talking about the numbers, does HTTYD2 still have a chance at $200m domestically?

Welcome aboard! :)

Yes, I think it's got a solid shot at 200m. We'll have to see how it does this weekend to get a better idea.

• Like 2

Dragon doing less in 6 days (with mid-June midweek #s) than Maleficent did in 3 days. 

Posted Image

I hope Dragon has a big final gross though. Loved the first one and looking forward to this new one. 

Edited by La Binoche
  • Like 4

Hello guys! I have been following this site for about a year now and now I've finally decided to register. Although I am very interested in box office, I don't consider myself an expert so don't be mad at me if I make stupid predictions or such. :D I'm not sure how much I will post here but I hope it's going to be fun. :)

Talking about the numbers, does HTTYD2 still have a chance at $200m domestically?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, it has a chance. It is, unfortunately, not guaranteed.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard.  And don't worry about stupid predictions, it just means you're normal. 

• Like 3

MALEFICENT took in $2.39M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $170.5M. #Maleficent

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS took in $2.23M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $87.95M. #TheFaultInOurStars

EDGE OF TOMORROW took in $1.71M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $62.5M. #EdgeOfTomorrow

• Like 2

Dragon doing less in 6 days (with mid-June midweek #s) than Maleficent did in 3 days. 

Posted Image

I hope Dragon has a big final gross though. Loved the first one and looking forward to this new one. 

Depending on today it's very possible that Dragon does less in SEVEN days than Maleficent did in 3, also. Chew on that!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Welcome and good luck.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Posted Image

A Million Ways To Die In The West

Edge Of Tomorrow

The Fault In Our Stars

How To Train Your Dragon 2

22 Jump Street

What's scheduled next to destroy Malf?

Posted Image

• Like 4

A Million Ways To Die In The West

Edge Of Tomorrow

The Fault In Our Stars

How To Train Your Dragon 2

22 Jump Street

What's scheduled next to destroy Malf?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

Thank you all very much for the nice welcome. :)  I really hope Dragon 2 passes $200m. I haven't seen it yet (doesn't get released here until July 24th) but I loved the first one and from what I've been hearing, Dragon 2 seems to be on par with the first one. Also, pretty good week-to-week holds for EoT, DOFP and Maleficent.

• Like 2

I guess I am the only person on this forum who believes Dragon 2 is going to have a great 2nd weekend and do 30-34.  Everyone else is saying only upper 20s.  If it only does upper 20s, that would be terrible. 

• Like 1