#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

How can u adjust international numbers?

They used to on some websites ,but its proably not accurate.. Just saying going by the screens TLK would have gotten compared

to today and 3D.. IT would have massacree  everything besides JP, Titan, and Juggernaut 1.

JP made almost 700M OS,, and  without 3D thats would have been very very very impressive lol

Also can anyone explain why Maleficent is holding so well? Are families watching it? Do people really love it? Please no "Queen Jolie" and other variants of nonsense.

Word of mouth is clearly good. There are no real alternatives for families (Dragon isn't clicking with them). And I think the fact that the film is not as dark as it may have seemed is persuading those who did not see at first to go watch it. And yes Dame Jolie plays a role in the success. Her casting has been widely praised from the moment it was announced and the overwhelming majority of reactions to the film (even if negative overall) are positive about her.

Hi Pierree you would believe how pissed of disney fans are  that too many people are thinking a song  and good first half makes Frozen the best of the best.. Its irritating. They forget that Beauty and The beast was nominated for oscar for best picture and  I think won the golden globe. The only toon to do so ...In my 40 yrs almost of watching movies.. Ive never seen quite their equal in B and B and TLK.... Just the  Broadway show based on the movie has made billions.. We owe everything to the renissance era.

When did B+ to A- films start to make people forget about  the great 90s era and early 2000s FN, Incredibles etc :)

Oh don't worry, I totally agree that Frozen was way over hyped. It's probably why I was slightly dissapointed after seeing it, since everyone just raised my expectations so high. But it's still a very well made movie regardless.

• Like 1

Frozen is the best animated film I've seen as an adult.

Don't take this as a challenge on Frozen, because it's not, but I know you don't catch animated movies often. So I wanna ask you if you seen three of my personal favorites from recent times: have you seen Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?

• Like 1

The Final act of  Frozen B went down hill.. Dragon 2 didnt need a song and ton of subliminal messages during the song to win over audiences. Its top level quality from start to finish. Have you seen the amazing Dragon2

Well... the best part of Dragon 2 is a song. :P

Don't take this as a challenge on Frozen, because it's not, but I know you don't catch animated movies often. So I wanna ask you if you seen three of my personal favorites from recent times: have you seen Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs?

How does CLOUDY 1 compare to CLOUDY 2? Cuz I didn't care for CLOUDY 2 much.

Edited by Telemachos

Oh don't worry, I totally agree that Frozen was way over hyped. It's probably why I was slightly dissapointed after seeing it, since everyone just raised my expectations so high. But it's still a very well made movie regardless.

I hope they do something with the next re-release of TLK to make it overtake the top domestic Toon and beat Frozen ww  Pierre lol 

I loved HTTYD and enjoyed Tangled. I havent seen Cloudy.
  • Like 1

I actually think the leads voice is amazing...Has that diamond in the ruff allure to it. When an actor pulls its off right its a winner everytime ... Aka  ALaddin, FN 's dad character, The Voice acting of the main leads of the Incredibles.

Oh, I was just joking. I love Baruchel as Hiccup; it's the role of a lifetime for him. I can't see him in other movies and not think, "Huh, that's Hiccup's voice."

Rio 2 lost 73 theaters this weekend and played at 310 locations.  It averaged $1323 per location, making 410k for the weekend and dropping 1.4%.  It will be released on video in 3 weeks and 2 days.  it has a total of 127.37 million.  disappointing since The Croods was released in October and had all summer to dominate the dollar theaters.  Still, in the next 3 weeks, if it averaged 0.5 million per week, that puts it at 128.87 million and maybe dollar theaters will push it to 130.

Lego Movie took a hit and is now averaging $587 per theater at 315 locations.  it is 19k above Captain America for #1 of the year, so this last minute dollar theater push was not enough.  They should have tried harder earlier.  IDK why stuff has to come out on video so fast?????????

GONE WITH THE WIND adjusts to 6.1 billion internationally, baumer. C'mon now...

LOl it had to many re=releases  and there was no internet or piracy era for  Gone with the Wind to be put in the category of the giants.  Sorry Tele.

Only Titan.  JP, TLK,, Avatar deserve those talks.