CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ok, so she went to Fox privately and since they removed the scene  she didn't go to the media, correct? Than why is she boycotted by the cast if the media found out about it some other way and are now sabotaging the movie? 

She knew about the upcoming article because she posted a tweet which implied about it a day or two before the article posted. That article was basically written by both Munn & LA Times journalist, Munn even approached the rest of the cast to participate in it and speak out, and now she's publicly bashing them for refusing to do it, so she definitely went to the media.

Edited by Firepower

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ok, so she went to Fox privately and since they removed the scene  she didn't go to the media, correct? Than why is she boycotted by the cast if the media found out about it some other way and are now sabotaging the movie? 

She did not go to the media (that I know about). She went to Fox privately and they removed the scene. The media picked up on it now. The cast isn't necessarily boycotting her specifically. They're just not choosing to publicly speak on the matter although I do believe some came out and supported her in her decision (Sterling Brown) 

There isn't really a sabotage of the movie. The media is going to always report on these situations and the first people the media go to are the actors/actresses because they're the face of the film. The cast knows that if they attend press junkets they're going to be asked about the matter so they're just choosing to stay out of it. I don't know what's going on behind closed doors especially between Munn and the cast but in terms of them not saying anything publicly/doing press, that goes back to what I mentioned above about how some actors/actresses are afraid to say anything for fear of losing future projects. 

Edited by Nova

Just now, Alli said:

Where do you draw the line? What past crimes are acceptable? RDJ went to prison too

Did RDJ go to prison for trying to lure a 14 year old to have sex with him? Going to prison for drugs isn't the same thing as going to prison because you're trying to have sex with underage girls. So theres a line that I would personally draw. 

I see. Thanks guys for clarifying the situation. What I expected, media does what media does.

@Alli I don't think so. People are much more sensitive to sexual crimes than to other crimes including murder (some Internet men think rape is worse than murder and should be punished by death). It really riles them up. 

Edited by Valonqar

12 minutes ago, Nova said:

There isn't really a sabotage of the movie.

She publicly bashed director and cast right before the premiere and still continues to do so, adding more fuel to the fire. If it's not a sabotage, I don't know what else is. If she hadn't actively participated in writing that article and hadn't continued adding fuel to the fire, it wouldn't have been a sabotage, yeah.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

My crimes are worse than your crimes. Who gets to decide?

these days, twitter. And it isn't just crimes, it's also jokes about crimes. James Gunn for example. No crime. Only jokes. yet he was treated like a criminal because his jokes were sexual. Nobody would bet an eye lash if his jokes were about anything else (drugs, for example). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

these days, twitter. And it isn't just crimes, it's also jokes about crimes. James Gunn for example. No crime. Only jokes. yet he was treated like a criminal because his jokes were sexual. Nobody would bet an eye lash if his jokes were about anything else (drugs, for example). 

yeah some people need to get off their high horse. Munn acts like she's some warrior who personally brought this man to justice.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I'm proud of the rest of the cast for not supporting Munn, this moronic controversy and idiotic SJW mob groups who support her. I'm glad that some people still didn't lose their brain in this terrible age. Even though Predator franchise will be dead after Disney acquisition anyway, I hope studios will avoid Munn like a plague after this. You can't sabotage your own movie and cast, who worked very hard on it, right before the premiere, especially for a bs reason like this, that's very ugly move.

The whole controversy about Singer and kids was long before X-Men: Apocalypse, it was one of those "open secrets" in town, people just didn't care at the time.

You're glad no one has the balls to speak out about sexual predators?  Why?  Do you support sexual predators?  Do you think it's acceptable to let sexual, convicted sexual predators near a movie set?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah some people need to get off their high horse. Munn acts like she's some warrior who personally brought this man to justice.

Are you guys for real?

Guys like Singer, when he allowed Brian Peck into the movie and now Black when he let a convicted sexual predator on set, should be called out for this.  This kind of behaviour is the stuff Hollywood is being out on trial for.  She's not sabotaging the movie.  There are things bigger in life than Hollywood.  She's doing to right thing.

• Like 3

Just now, Alli said:

I remember Munn  had some problems with Ocean's 8 too. Was she in the movie in the end? She was supposed to have a cameo

Who cares?  One has nothing to do with the other.

• Like 1

The dude Black cast was a convicted sexual predator.  He could have put 1000 other actors in that role, a small one.  But, like Singer, he chose to cast his creepy friend.  And Munn is supposed to stay silent about it?  Why?  This is not on her, it's on Shane and the studio.  There is no grey area here.  Firepower and Alli, both of you make me scratch my head.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Alli said:

Where do you draw the line? What past crimes are acceptable? RDJ went to prison too

I think one line between the DUI/drugs type of past crime, you didn't had has the goal of your action to hurt someone even thought you put people life in dangers. When you sexual assault, making a victim is not a bad luck incident that was made more probably by your action, but your very action and sometime even part of the goal of the action.

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

The media is going to always report on these situations and the first people the media go to are the actors/actresses because they're the face of the film.

The actor did many high profile movie before this one, I am not sure the media would have reported that situation necessarily. But maybe, different era, could have been on of Munn motivation to help the studio get out of a backlash story.

30 minutes ago, Nova said:

The cast isn't necessarily boycotting her specifically. They're just not choosing to publicly speak on the matter although

Apparently they gave the director a standing ovation while the rest of the crowd was applauding seated, it could very well be more than paranoia on her part.

Edited by Barnack

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah some people need to get off the their high horse. Munn acts like she's some warrior who brought this man to justice.

That tends to happen when you live in the climate that constantly puts a pressure on you to be alert to even the smallest transgression, that will label you as bad as an actual offender if the transgression slipped from you, etc. If that guy's past was revealed by anyone else, she and the rest of them would be attacked by twitter warriors for being complicit. They would say that the cast should have known, how hard it is to google someone's profile? They'd be guilty cause they didn't check. Or whatever.  That's what twitter said in their attacks on Jess Chastain for making a movie with a convicted wife beater, that she should have just checked his profile like they did and bingo. But she didn't so shame on her such a hypocrite. So while I understand frustration with Munn's timing, I understand that it isn't easy for her either. There's no way that she and the cast wouldn't be under fire if the (social) media found out about that guy's conviction now and the scene remained in the movie. Totally unfair but that's how it would go down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1