CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

53 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Bombs away. haven't they learned anything? no Arnie, no hit. Someone clearly underestimates how big a factor in the success of the original he was. Oh, and not to forget it's stars Hunnam or one of his clones. 

Disagree. The monster is the star of this franchise 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Disagree. The monster is the star of this franchise 

Then it is a franchise with limited appeal...

Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Adjusted Gross Unadjusted Gross Release
1 Predator Fox $141,623,700 $59,735,548 6/12/87
2 Alien Vs. Predator Fox $119,841,600 $80,282,231 8/13/04
3 Predator 2 Fox $67,211,700 $30,669,413 11/21/90
4 Predators Fox $62,520,400 $52,000,688 7/9/10
5 Aliens Vs. Predator - Requiem Fox $54,911,100 $41,797,066 12/25/07

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The reviews are kind of disappointing. I was already on the fence about seeing this movie to begin with, but now I’m thinking that I might just wait till this thing is available for streaming. 

Did you really expect 85%+ for this on RT? Critics don't like this franchise, even the first one. Reviews are okay, even a little better than expected, they shouldn't be a problem for those who really wanted to see it.

If you take the recent controversy into account, its hard to take critics seriously on this movie. In todays movie culture, most critics seem to be more interested in "going with the flow" when it comes to rating movies. Its pretty obvious that the scores they give out are less about the movie itself, but more about how the movie is viewed in the public eye and they try to appeal to that. Not just for "The Predator", but for most Blockbusters really.

Not saying this movie is going to be of great or lesser quality, I think its hard to tell based on the trailers, but make up your own mind instead of relying on other people to tell you what to think of a piece of art.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Crainy said:

If you take the recent controversy into account, its hard to take critics seriously on this movie. In todays movie culture, most critics seem to be more interested in "going with the flow" when it comes to rating movies. Its pretty obvious that the scores they give out are less about the movie itself, but more about how the movie is viewed in the public eye and they try to appeal to that.

This thread is like a breeding ground for bad hot takes

• Like 2

A german film magazine (TV Spielfilm) completely trashed the film. Which is baffling to me since they gave even BvS and the Transformers sequels good reviews. I come to completely distrust them, so i might...love this film now?

Well, we'll see.