CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

To save their skins, fox has decided to get this out in the media...with Disney's approval. Shane black will not be working on a Disney film anytime soon..someone check if he was in iron man

r. The first role he landed after his release was in Black’s 2013 film, “Iron Man 3.”

Lmao....Disney...a company full of double standards...he was in IRon Man 3..don't tell me they didn't know. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

To save their skins, fox has decided to get this out in the media...with Disney's approval. Shane black will not be working on a Disney film anytime soon..someone check if he was in iron man

r. The first role he landed after his release was in Black’s 2013 film, “Iron Man 3.”

Lmao....Disney...a company full of double standards...he was in IRon Man 3..don't tell me they didn't know. 

This guy was also in Shane Black's The Nice Guys (a Warner Bros. release) as well so it's not like Disney needs to be put on some sort of pedestal here. Besides, this interesting bit from Fox also comes from the article:

“Our studio was not aware of Mr. Striegel’s background when he was hired,” a Fox spokesperson said in a statement to The Times. “We were not aware of his background during the casting process due to legal limitations that impede studios from running background checks on actors.”

Edited by filmlover

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

“Our studio was not aware of Mr. Striegel’s background when he was hired,” a Fox spokesperson said in a statement to The Times. “We were not aware of his background during the casting process due to legal limitations that impede studios from running background checks on actors.”

I sort of kind of get why they can't do this, but you'd think 'sexual predator', especially in a situation like this where it wasn't just "public indecency", would be the one thing they could reasonably say "We don't want you here".

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

It was on is wikipedia page since 2015 (that old version sound quite more heavy than what they are saying now)...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steve_Wilder&oldid=677035363

That said that is quite the pandora box they are opening there.

The men served is prison time after pleading guilty, what jobs should society let him do from now on ?

What ex-felony act should ban you from the movie industry (and just in front or behind the camera also) ? DUI ? assault ?

If doing scene in a group is considered too dangerous for society, maybe he should be put back in prison or at least home arrest.

Reading california law, it look like Fox not hiring that guy because of this would maybe literally be illegal:

https://www.calpeculiarities.com/2015/07/30/megans-law-how-california-limits-its-use-for-employment-purposes/

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

It was on is wikipedia page since 2015 (that old version sound quite more heavy than what they are saying now)...:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steve_Wilder&oldid=677035363

That said that is quite the pandora box they are opening there.

The men served is prison time after pleading guilty, what jobs should society let him do from now on ?

What ex-felony act should make ban you from the movie industry (and just in front or behind the camera also) ? DUI ? assault ?

If doing scene in a group is considered too dangerous for society, maybe he should be put back in prison or at least home arrest.

Reading california law, it look like Fox not hiring that guy because of this would maybe literally illegal:

https://www.calpeculiarities.com/2015/07/30/megans-law-how-california-limits-its-use-for-employment-purposes/

See, I agree with you.

Folks that have pled guilty and served sentences have to be reintegrated somehow back into society or what else will they do but recommit the crimes again?  I mean, if you are perpetually considered a pariah who can't be near anyone, what do you do?

As a society, if we really go that path of "forever pariah", we should probably just change most sex crimes to life sentencing without parole so the perps can at least get 3 squares, a bed, and some human interaction.

Now, for folks who have NEVER owned up to it and have escaped justice, yeah, I'm done with you.  Like forever.  Too bad, so sad if you can't get work.  There has to be a desire to own it and repent to even start the process of societal reintegration, at least for me (and maybe forgiveness, although that part's not necessary and no guarantee, even if you owned it, if your acts were that bad).

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, I agree with you.

Folks that have pled guilty and served sentences have to be reintegrated somehow back into society or what else will they do but recommit the crimes again?  I mean, if you are perpetually considered a pariah who can't be near anyone, what do you do?

As a society, if we really go that path of "forever pariah", we should probably just change most sex crimes to life sentencing without parole so the perps can at least get 3 squares, a bed, and some human interaction.

Now, for folks who have NEVER owned up to it and have escaped justice, yeah, I'm done with you.  Like forever.  Too bad, so sad if you can't get work.  There has to be a desire to own it and repent to even start the process of societal reintegration, at least for me (and maybe forgiveness, although that part's not necessary and no guarantee, even if you owned it, if your acts were that bad).

While I don’t have a dog in the argument as to whether or not Black’s friend should be allowed to work again, the big problem here is that Black didn’t inform anyone else about his friend’s past. It’s one thing to feel bad for someone who’s been a friend of yours for years, but it’s another thing to try and hide what the guy has done from the people you’re working with. It doesn’t help that Black has cast the guy in films that prominently feature child actors. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2