CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Don't be so sure. I think Dawn of the Planet of the Apes has a good shot. 

As much as I'm arguing that TF4 won't go much above 220m DOM, I'd still be more confident in it somehow hitting 300 than I am Apes. That would be beyond shocking given this summer and the fact that's not a mega franchise.

• Like 1

As much as I'm arguing that TF4 won't go much above 220m DOM, I'd still be more confident in it somehow hitting 300 than I am Apes. That would be beyond shocking given this summer and the fact that's not a mega franchise.

This movie could be the thing that turns it into a mega franchise. 

• Like 1

there is a 100 percent guarantee that there will be a Transformers 5. This Is a reboot so Paramount knew it would drop domestically. but I'm sure there will be plenty happy with the billion dollars that they are going to rake in worldwide. Transformers 5 is locked and loaded.

True. Whoever thinks that Tf4 is anything else but a success and that TF5 is dead needs to have their mental health checked.
  • Like 3

If Transformers can't do it, no one else will.

Frankly... I'm not expecting that much outta next summer either besides The Avengers: Age of Ultron (which will naturally go down from the first film but still do gangbusters).

Agreed. Honestly it almost looks worse than this year if you take AoU out, and that's saying something as this summer sucks. Jurassic World, Minions, and Ted 2 are going to need to live up to franchise expectations or else we're gonna need a lot of surprise breakouts.

• Like 1

Part of me thinks Ted 2 might get delayed. But yeah Minions is the other flick next summer I've got my money on (though... this might be the one where their popularity wanes).

I think the minions movie will opne well but it might have horendus legs. 

• Like 1

Agreed. Honestly it almost looks worse than this year if you take AoU out, and that's saying something as this summer sucks. Jurassic World, Minions, and Ted 2 are going to need to live up to franchise expectations or else we're gonna need a lot of surprise breakouts.

I am sure inside out will be HUGE. its Docter's next after Up and early screening of 1st 20 minutes had tremendous reaction. But I agree 2015 summer sucks. I wish BvS or SW7 had released in 2015 summer.

• Like 1

Part of me thinks Ted 2 might get delayed. But yeah Minions is the other flick next summer I've got my money on (though... this might be the one where their popularity wanes).

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised with a gross closer to DM1 than DM2 for Minions. DM2 was definitely the peak I think.

I still think Jurassic World has huge potential at least as far as OW goes if marketed right.

• Like 1