CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Just doesn't make sense to me. It's a LIVE sporting event, dude. If you're not able to watch it live, tough nuts. 

The lack of respect for the Mods here lately is out of control.

The sports spoiler policy is

1) Pinned as a forum announcement on the top of every page.

2) Has been mentioned in just about every weekend thread since NFL season

3) And Tele reminded people 2-3 times.

If you don't like the spoiler policies here then you're welcome to create your own forums with your own policies.

• Like 4

Make a sh*tty movie with a bland premise cashing on a market that the atrocious Alice in Wonderland started 4 years ago? I agree, he's far too talented to lower himself to that standard.Among a cast of cardboard cutoutsAnd still felt padded

It was a joke, you dense motherfucker.
  • Like 3

Make a sh*tty movie with a bland premise cashing on a market that the atrocious Alice in Wonderland started 4 years ago? 

I agree, he's far too talented to lower himself to that standard.

Among a cast of cardboard cutouts

And still felt padded

• Like 4

Now watching the classroom scene in ROTF with the Dwight cameo

This is even worse than I remembered it being tbh

"finish that for me."

that might have actually been the weirdest scene in the whole trilogy.

• Like 1

:mellow: Welp, so it's basically more succesful worldwide (including 98 zilla) than mother country lol? :rofl:

join the Church of the Dame and participate in mocking then :ph34r:

The Japanese have gotten 28 Godzilla films since 1954.  His popularity peaked in the 50s/60s (some of those films are ranked as the most-attended ever).  And each decade from there saw major drop-offs until Godzilla: Final Wars was released in 2004 to celebrate the 50th anniversary and conclude the long-running franchise, but it really disappointed both critically and at the box-office.

My point is... Japan has had enough of Godzilla with recent polls and articles suggesting they still overwhelmingly like the Showa Era (1954-1975) films over the Hensei Era (1984-1995) and especially the Millennium Era (1999-2004).

Godzilla vs Zilla (Hollywood's 1998...thing) in Final Wars:

Ignore the shit Sum41 song (Can't find the original clip anywhere).

I do however think the new Hollywood effort will do decently enough though.  Enough time has passed I believe that a young generation might find it interesting to check out, and the old fans may have some interest themselves. 

Edited by Corpse
  • Like 3

Among a cast of cardboard cutouts 

To be fair, Nolan can´t write a female character to save his life. All of his women are either expository devices or eye candy, and all of them are as cardboard as you get.

• Like 3

In my opinion, if you watch as many movies as he does with as great a deal of variety as he does, he can be a snob all he wants.

Jack is one of the few guys -- baumer is another -- who'll watch almost anything without preconceptions. I don't always agree with him, but he's more than fair.

• Like 5

The Japanese have gotten 28 Godzilla films since 1954.  His popularity peaked in the 50s/60s (some of those films are ranked as the most-attended ever).  And each decade from there saw major drop-offs until Godzilla: Final Wars was released in 2004 to celebrate the 50th anniversary and conclude the long-running franchise, but it really disappointed both critically and at the box-office.

My point is... Japan has had enough of Godzilla with recent polls and articles suggesting they still overwhelmingly like the Showa Era (1954-1975) films over the Hensei Era (1984-1995) and especially the Millennium Era (1999-2004).

Godzilla vs Zilla (Hollywood's 1998...thing) in Final Wars:

Ignore the shit Sum41 song (Can't find the original clip anywhere).

I do however think the new Hollywood effort will do decently enough though.  Enough time has passed I believe that a young generation might find it interesting to check out, and the old fans may have some interest themselves. 

OMG the CGi :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

• Like 2