CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Chewy is right, Legs this summer have been hairy not sexy, lol. So I'm not on the 300 Million Bandwagon yet but if the 104 estimates hold, 300 Million will be a little under a 3 Mutiplier.  Every Transformers movie has had a 3 or more based on it's OW (Yes I know the others burned off demand on the previous days) But TF4 has literally two weeks to really clean up big.  Unlike TASM 2 which also had two weeks to clean up, TF4 is going to capitalize and critics can say what they will.  This is the film for General Audiences for the Holiday.

There is zero chance of a 3 multiplier. The only reason the others pulled it off is because their "opening" weekend number was severely deflated by opening much earlier in the week. TF2 barely doubled its 5-day opening.

I would love to see one based more on the cartoon. Masters of the Universe was really more based on those comics that they would include with the action figures. We need a He-Man movie based on the cartoons.

I think thats the direction they should go. .They need a guy who can get seriously pumped up, has a look like say Brad Pitt and perhaps use CGI for him to play the adam character.I dont think they need 2 actors to play Adam/and his alter ego -the most powerful man in the universe!"

Sony has a chance to have a LOTR level franchise if they do this one right I think Walt.. Now why didnt disney go after He-Man??!!

Dammit...I know He-Man would be killer if it came from Disney or Time Warner, but lets see what Sony pulls off with it.

Pirates 4 had about a 2.6x off a 90 Million weekend.  As someone mentioned if TF4 does that or even 2.5 that will put it past Cap 2 and Lego.  270 would give it 2.5x pff 104 OW. 

If the kids and fans show up I think 2.8-3.0X multi could happen  Filmscholar...Not sure on how this film ranks with that repeat business factor though. Its so long and isnt exactly Titanic in its quality lol