CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I still think it will hit 100M. The official estimate is undoubtedly going to be 100M. And when the actuals come it will be all about Puerto Rico. 

"Well, Heat Vision You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... CJohn 3:16 says I just locked your thread!".

And then he broke his neck. Pun intended.

• Like 2

I still think it will hit 100M. The official estimate is undoubtedly going to be 100M. And when the actuals come it will be all about Puerto Rico. 

Quick someone post the Transformers - Puerto Rico "Never forget" picture. This Monday's BOM article

* Note: Age of Extinction's weekend gross fell $2.3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $97.8 million. Though shy of $100 million, it would have still ranked first among starts this year. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Thursday and Friday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $100 million. Thursday went from $8.75 million to $9.83 million, and Friday went from $36.2 million to $38.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Thursday night, which went from the previously reported $8.75 million at around 3,000 theaters to $9.83 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 7