CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Maleficent beats TF4 DOM now (and probably every summer movie besides DOFP). 95m-ish OW for TF4 and a 2.25x multi sound about right. So that's around 213m. Maleficent will do at least 215m. Crap beats crap and we all lose so who cares? I'm going to sit back and enjoy the shitstorm.

• Like 1

With this unimpressive opening, is TF5 still happening?

That's all I care about actually. I don't care who's going to direct it but I don't want TF story to end here.

China money. The TF franchise isn't going to stop anytime soon.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Maleficent beats TF4 DOM now (and probably every summer movie besides DOFP). 95m-ish OW for TF4 and a 2.25x multi sound about right. So that's around 213m. Maleficent will do at least 215m. Crap beats crap and we all lose so who cares? I'm going to sit back and enjoy the shitstorm.

:rofl:

• Like 2

not at 3am in the morning

Well when you put it like that, of course it sounds ridiculous.  :lol:

I just noticed that Paramount has the too closed weekends to $100m, Indiana Jones 4 right above the mark and Iron Man 1 $2.4m below it. There must have been some saltiness that weekend over them having early previews.

• Like 1

TRANSFORMERS IN INDIATOTAL- 18CR with paid previews as of saturday!& Now heading for  28 cr nett weekend! i.e $4.59M weekend in $$

2ND HIGHEST HOLLYWOOD OPENING BEHIND TASM2 AS OF 2014,4TH HIGHEST HOLLYWOOD OPENING OF ALL TIME  IN INDIA!!

Edited by Ash
  • Like 2

:rofl:

What's so funny? TF4 is already falling big time from its OD. 100m OW ain't happening with that Sat, that's for sure. If it's already holding worse than the likes of Godzilla and TASM2, why would it have a way better multi than them? 2.4x multi should be the absolute best case scenario for it.

• Like 1

What's so funny? TF4 is already falling big time from its OD. 100m OW ain't happening with that Sat, that's for sure. If it's already holding worse than the likes of Godzilla and TASM2, why would it have a way better multi than them? 2.4x multi should be the absolute best case scenario for it.

This is fairly consistent if you subtract the 8 million Thursday showings from the Friday gross. That's literally only 1 million less then the Friday gross. Not to mention there's no indication of mixed or bad WoM for TF: IV. Plus summer weekdays and a lack of competition next weekend plus it's the 4th of July weekend.

• Like 1

With this unimpressive opening, is TF5 still happening?

That's all I care about actually. I don't care who's going to direct it but I don't want TF story to end here.

Hmm. How is 98 M unimpressive?

• Like 1

This is fairly consistent if you subtract the 8 million Thursday showings from the Friday gross. That's literally only 1 million less then the Friday gross. Not to mention there's no indication of mixed or bad WoM for TF: IV. Plus summer weekdays and a lack of competition next weekend plus it's the 4th of July weekend.

Movies shouldn't fall at all on Saturday with the late nights subtracted, unless they're very frontloaded/had obscenely huge late night numbers. All of our other big openers this year increased on Sat a healthy amount minus late shows. TF4 is acting significantly more frontloaded than TASM2 or Godzilla already. The 4th may help a little, but I doubt much since the TF sequels have always burned off nearly all their demand by the end of their first week. This is absolutely not a franchise that is gonna be helped by WOM, even it it were great.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Movies shouldn't fall at all on Saturday with the late nights subtracted, unless they're very frontloaded/had obscenely huge late night numbers. All of our other big openers this year increased on Sat a healthy amount minus late shows. TF4 is acting significantly more frontloaded than TASM2 or Godzilla already. The 4th may help a little, but I doubt much since the TF sequels have always burned off nearly all their demand by the end of their first week. This is absolutely not a franchise that is gonna be helped by WOM, even it it were great.

I still think that you're underestimating it in general.

• Like 1

I still think that you're underestimating it in general.

There's nothing to underestimate. As a summer movie part of a historically frontloaded franchise it's chance of more than a 2.4x multi are basically non existent. Movies like this have a definite ceiling when it comes to legs, even if people love them. Look no further than DOFP, which is an incredible movie that is still only limping past a 2.4x multi probably only because WOM is so good.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

China money. The TF franchise isn't going to stop anytime soon.

Oh c'mon, that's just one market. TF movies aren't cheap to make, 25% from whatever it makes from China won't cut it.

And I'm being serious here. I might be the only sane person who genuinely want TF franchise to continue. I know most people here want it's number to drop just for fun but I'm not laughing.

• Like 1

With this unimis ressive opening, is TF5 still happening? That's all I care about actually. I don't care who's going to direct it but I don't want TF story to end here.

there is a 100 percent guarantee that there will be a Transformers 5. This Is a reboot so Paramount knew it would drop domestically. but I'm sure there will be plenty happy with the billion dollars that they are going to rake in worldwide. Transformers 5 is locked and loaded.
  • Like 4

It would be such a shame if great movies like Cap and Days of Future Past barely miss 100m, and a b**ch-made movie like TF4 makes it.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing. Hopefully North America takes note and TF4 has a really shitty Sunday.

• Like 4

It would be such a shame if great movies like Cap and Days of Future Past barely miss 100m, and a b**ch-made movie like TF4 makes it.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing. Hopefully North America takes note and TF4 has a really shitty Sunday.

Well it will only make 100m if it has a sub 20% Sunday drop, which would be extremely good for a non-holiday weekend. So I really don't see that happening.

• Like 1