#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

Finally caught up on the thread.

Re: Jolie vs. Depp. Their performances are different, but both are the main captivating points of their films. Without Depp PotC would have been a serviceable but unmemorable action film instead of a pretty great one. Without Jolie Maleficent would have been pretty bad instead of okay.

Re: Magic. I still play on occasion, but mostly don't collect. If y'all like crazy fun effects and such, you should check out Commander, which is pretty much designed to do the big things you could never pull off in a normal game.

Re: Waffles. Pancakes are better.

Re: Numbers. Spatula's been pretty on point so far, so the 400k shortfall or whatever seems pretty in line for correcting the weekend. It's not really bad in the grand scheme of things, but it rankles because I like the numbers to be accurate. It throws off projections if they aren't.

Re: Nolan. Hail Nolan.

Re: E.T. Monsters vs. Aliens has a brief moment when they reference the main theme from the E.T. score. Ever since then, it's been running around in my head. (That was the better reference to a John Williams musical moment in the film. The ref. to Close Encounters fell rather flat.)

Re: World Cup. Go USA! I guess. I don't have live TV. Also FIFA makes the IOC look positively benign.

Could you do this from now on? It would save both my fingers and my eyes. ;)

Finally caught up on the thread.

Re: Jolie vs. Depp. Their performances are different, but both are the main captivating points of their films. Without Depp PotC would have been a serviceable but unmemorable action film instead of a pretty great one. Without Jolie Maleficent would have been pretty bad instead of okay.

Re: Magic. I still play on occasion, but mostly don't collect. If y'all like crazy fun effects and such, you should check out Commander, which is pretty much designed to do the big things you could never pull off in a normal game.

Re: Waffles. Pancakes are better.

Re: Numbers. Spatula's been pretty on point so far, so the 400k shortfall or whatever seems pretty in line for correcting the weekend. It's not really bad in the grand scheme of things, but it rankles because I like the numbers to be accurate. It throws off projections if they aren't.

Re: Nolan. Hail Nolan.

Re: E.T. Monsters vs. Aliens has a brief moment when they reference the main theme from the E.T. score. Ever since then, it's been running around in my head. (That was the better reference to a John Williams musical moment in the film. The ref. to Close Encounters fell rather flat.)

Re: World Cup. Go USA! I guess. I don't have live TV. Also FIFA makes the IOC look positively benign.

• Like 3

At the end of the day, what does it get Paramount, if they over estimate?  Headlines.  Big fucking deal.  I hate, hate, hate to keep harping on this but as explained to me by Mario FREAKIN Kassar, this happens all the time.  Why studios have chosen this weekend to lose their minds is laughable.  As the saying goes, those who live in glass houses....

The issue isn't that they overreported the estimates. Which they did, but nobody gives a shit about that. Like you said, it happens all the time. The issue is that they overreported the actuals. Combine that with the past Puerto Ricoing, and you have all the pointing and laughing that's gone on the last couple of days.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Transformers has played to between 90-100% capacity starting with 1130 Am showimax sold out todayMaleficent 80% fullFIOS about 60% fullTLAM2 about 30%Busy day.

The issue isn't that they overreported the estimates. Which they did, but nobody gives a shit about that. Like you said, it happens all the time. The issue is that they overreported the actuals. Combine that with the past Puerto Ricoing, and you have all the pointing and laughing that's gone on the last couple of days.

I cant believe u just explained that to me like im a box office virgin.
  • Like 1

If someone wants to turn that face into a smile, I support it :lol:

I am not sure if there is a system where we can replace them, tho. 

Posted Image

Because you brought up the overreported estimates when that's not what people are on about.

You.....never mind.

I have seen the poster for Earth to Echo for what seems like months now. Had no idea what the movie was about, finally read this plot summary last week

Logline: Four young friends help a small alien get back home 

They remade ET?

Instead of ET we get ETE

Edited by Fancyarcher