#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

Walt Disney the man would hate the idea of Enchanted 2 because he disliked sequels.

Disney the current company on the other hand...

Talking about the poster here lol.

The real one wouldn't have let Disney become the sham of a company it is today.

• Like 1

Talking about the poster here lol.

The real one wouldn't have let Disney become the sham of a company it is today.

Heh!

The user Walt Disney is a pretty good guy actually, but I agree.

At least things aren't as bad as they were eight years ago when we were still getting straight to DVD sequels, ugh!

Edited by Fancyarcher

Ugh, Seinfeld was so relatable. The episode where they have tickets to see a movie but they really wanna try out this new Chinese restaurant first except they're not seating them even though they made reservations...true life, real art. Poor Friends. 

Anywho Rth, #s please!!!! 

• Like 1

The Abyss is really good. Good adventure and drama. I especially enjoyed Michael Biehn playing an excellent descent into madness. In seeing what the theatrical edition cut out, I can see the extended being more solid. I was still a bit surprised how much the aliens are sort of a background presence in the story. Super important, but not really onscreen until the climax.

Some of the creature effects don't hold up well. This is somewhat in contrast to Close Encounters, which still looks good despite being 10 years older. I suppose Douglas Trumbull is just the best. Still, it's nice to see some of those early computer effects, which don't look too bad.

The music is a bit odd. It seems strange to watch a Cameron film without a Horner score, since I've watched both Titanic and Avatar in the past week. It's still good, but Alan Silvestri just doesn't seem right for Cameron, especially in those moments that were especially Silvestri-like.

Still, really good. It's the best of Cameron's "A" films, and even if it doesn't match up to his best (Titanic and T2) it's probably on par with Terminator for quality. Good times.

(I do wonder if there's some aspect ratio screwup between the DVD, which is pretty old, the player, and my TV. It seemed a little squashed, but I couldn't figure out a way to change it.)

was it the extended edition?, explains more

Ugh, Seinfeld was so relatable. The episode where they have tickets to see a movie but they really wanna try out this new Chinese restaurant first except they're not seating them even though they made reservations...true life, real art. Poor Friends. 

Anywho Rth, #s please!!!! 

Seinfeld trivia answer correct gets you the numbers

• Like 2

Btw Rth, I kinda stalked your posts and found your type in the "hot guys" thread...so yeah, now I know what kinda pics to post as bait!

I'm being stalked now :)....someone tried that with pics on the weekend

Edited by Rth