La Binoche

Thurs #s (Deadline): T:AOE 9.45, Tammy 5.5, DUFE 2.6, ETE 2.6, HTTYD + 22 JS 2.5

Why should LUCY be dramatically bigger than COLOMBIANA? I'll grant it's maybe somewhat bigger, but not tremendously so.

It's getting a way bigger push and does have more appealing leads. Also isn't being dumped in middle August.

I could see something like 70-80 million.

• Like 1

I apologize for kinda starting the Frozen v. Lion King derail... shouldn't even have been a derail, but for some inexplicable reason, the diehard Frozenites attacked this thread when they typically stay out of the numbers threads *shrug*

• Like 3

Well, LIMITLESS did make $80M and Cooper's and Scarlett's popularity levels are around the same level, so $60M because she's a woman :D (more because it's the same film all over again)

There have been reports that Universal is confident in Lucy after strong test screenings. I think the movie will appeal to both genders and to whites and minorities.

Okay...but what makes Lucy didnt from Babylon AD and Transcendence?

Frozen is better simply bcoz Anna and Elsa are a gazillion times more interesting and likable protagonists than Simba. Also, Olaf >> Timon, Pumba and their tired old flatulence jokes.  :ph34r:

I don't think I've read a post that is so much the exact opposite of my own opinion

• Like 1

Okay...but what makes Lucy didnt from Babylon AD and Transcendence?

If you mean different, hopefully it's not pure shit like Babylon A.D. (or Transcendence from what I hear)

The Lego Movie isn't even better than Frozen.Must be dat Batman effect.

The LEGO Movie is a pop-masterpiece.Also about to see Snowpiercer, I don't know what to expect, I have seen lots of raves but a lot of casual audiences have hated it.

The box office analysts will be annoying if Lucy does break out. I can picture the headlines and articles about how women actually do go to the movies! And the writers of those articles will believe that they're actually saying something new and significant. 

• Like 1

It's in my Disney Top 10 for sure.

From Beauty and the Beast on; my top 15 Disney flicks (based off ones I remember enough to rank)

1. The Lion King

2. Mulan

3. The Emperor's New Groove

4. Lilo and Stitch

5. Aladdin

6. Tangled

7. Hunchback of Notre Dame

8. Winnie the Pooh

9. Tarzan

10. Beauty and the Beast

11. Treasure Planet

12. Frozen

13. Bolt

14. Meet the Robinsons

15. The Princess and the Frog

I just realized now that Orci and Kurtzman have spearheaded Transformers Prime.  :unsure:

Isn't that show good?