#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

I saw Deliver us from Evil.  It was nothing like I thought it would be.  Besides it being very obtuse, it was kind of meandering and slow for the most part.  There is a terrific mystery in there somewhere as there is a lot of symbolism in it.  I think it's the kind of film that will get better with repeat viewings once you are able to figure it all out.  Eric Bana gives an astonishing performance though, truly awesome.  And the last 20 minutes is horrifying and exhilirating.  

• Like 5

I saw Deliver us from Evil.  It was nothing like I thought it would be.  Besides it being very obtuse, it was kind of meandering and slow for the most part.  There is a terrific mystery in there somewhere as there is a lot of symbolism in it.  I think it's the kind of film that will get better with repeat viewings once you are able to figure it all out.  Eric Bana gives an astonishing performance though, truly awesome.  And the last 20 minutes is horrifying and exhilirating.  

You may like it a bit more than me, but that is pretty much my take on the film.  Agreed about Bana and the last 20 minutes :)

• Like 1

Well, knowing you, I'm sure that is the case. I still can't believe your about-face on TF4.  :mellow:

• Like 1

You may like it a bit more than me, but that is pretty much my take on the film.  Agreed about Bana and the last 20 minutes :)

I didn't really like it all that much.  I just think there is more to it.  

The cat stuff was very prevalent in the film and I didn't understand why it was so important.  But this film, while NOT nearly as good, reminded me a lot of Angel Heart....lots of symbolism.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

This was arguably the most popular CN show during late 90s early 2000s in India.

Mid-90's for Romania ('96, I think?). I remember there was a worldwide poll, and each country would have a marathon of their favorite show, and for Romania, it was SWAT Kats. I was so happy!

• Like 1

I didn't really like it all that much.  I just think there is more to it.  

The cat stuff was very prevalent in the film and I didn't understand why it was so important.  But this film, while nearly as good, reminded me a lot of Angel Heart....lots of symbolism.

Ok so we probably have the same exact take on the film then  :P

As for the spoiler

Cats are potrayed as the actual symbol of death in some places, just like they are the guardians of the underworld in some cultures.  But yes they could even be more than that

• Like 2