#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

What is the meltdown number for Apes OW? 65M O/U?

Keeping in mind how the summer has performed, I think O/U 55m. The previous one opened to 54.8m. This one should at least touch that.

• Like 3

I haven't seen The Legend of Hercules either and I want to continue in that way :lol:

I have a bad feeling about Dwayne's Hercules, tho...

Dwayne's Hercules looks so bad it's terrible.  The trailer is just awful imo.  And I know I shouldn't say its derived from another film but it's just Gladiator meets Lord of the Rings.  Two films I won't see this summer unless I absolutely have nothing to do, are Hercules and Guardians.

• Like 2

Nah more so showing my annoyance at how wrong you are.

Seriously?? When you dissect it, the plot behind Godzilla is laughably bad and the Cranston aside, the characters were complete generic shit.

• Like 1

As I said, I haven't seen TF4 yet and I don't really expect it to be better than Spidey. Besides, I'm one of those who kind of enjoys the Transformers movies for the robot action although I don't think they're any good in nearly every other aspect.

Just watch it for the robot actions then. TASM2 was just so forgettable to me that I wouldn't have missed a thing by skipping it.

TF4 had so many flaws, many plot holes & many stupid parts but the good parts were freakin great that I had to watch it twice just for the scenes that clicked with me.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Seriously?? When you dissect it, the plot behind Godzilla is laughably bad and the Cranston aside, the characters were complete generic shit.

If the plot behind Godzilla is bad then you must hate most blockbusters. Same with the character complaint.

• Like 1

About to watch The Raid 2. Keeping an open mind.

Its not the masterpiece people claim. Its an okay story surrounded by badass action scene and filmed in a way to make you believe you've witnessed something special, but don't let that fool you, the story is average.

• Like 2

Its not the masterpiece people claim. Its an okay story surrounded by badass action scene and filmed in a way to make you believe you've witnessed something special, but don't let that fool you, the story is average.

I kind of reluctantly agree with this.  The action was fantastic, but I prefer the absolutely insane action and lack of plot from the original.

• Like 3

If the plot behind Godzilla is bad then you must hate most blockbusters. Same with the character complaint.

If a blockbuster wants to be taken seriously, like Godzilla did then it has to have a good plot. Godzilla didn't have this, I would sit here and explain to you how the plot was complete an utter shit but it would take too long. When it came to smashing stuff up, Godzilla delvered, but lets not pretend it had a good story with good/ interesting characters :). The character were too perfect, its like id seen the same characters in hundreds of other films before it.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

I've said over and over again how stupid Godzilla was.  I won't continue to do so out of respect to those who somehow liked that piece of shit.   :P

• Like 4

Transformers has a very basic plot and is filled with jokes (1 in 4 actually work), is an hour too long but has the best action scenes out of every action movie released this year put together. Watch it to admire the effects and the occasional funny line from Marky Mark and Tucci but don't expect to be moved in any way. Also if you smoke its good to go for a cigarette break half way through.

I would rather watch the entirety of ASM2's confusing attempt to connect multiple storylines whilst leaving most of them open at the end than watch another minute of Transformers 4's boring, over the top, action scenes which amount to nothing more than a collection of indistinguishable metal fighting another collection of indistinguishable metal with an occasional human reaction shot.

How can I possibly care about a movie when the most recognizable character in the movie, Optimus Prime, is also one of the least likeable characters in the movie.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 1

I've said over and over again how stupid Godzilla was.  I won't continue to do so out of respect to those who somehow liked that piece of shit.   :P

Good, I don't want this to be the thing that makes me put you on Ignore  :P

• Like 3

Good, I don't want this to be the thing that makes me put you on Ignore  :P

Sweets...you couldn't ignore me if you tried.  (shameless 80's reference)

• Like 4