#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

A story that questions the relevance of many of America's social and economic mistakes and questions the intentions of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in its fight to restore an America of several centuries ago.

The AVClub review of this movie is hilarious haha

Yeah it's a movie you don't want to watch without knowing what it's about.

:ph34r:

Whoa, Rose Byrne is in Knowing?

... wait guys I came up with the best idea for Transformers 5: Make it a stealth Neighbors sequel. I'd love to see them running away from robots and screaming at Optimus Prime

Seth Rogen is the lead, Rose Byrne is the female hottie, Dave Franco and Zac Efron are comic relief

Edited by Blankments

800 screens next week. Pretty aggressive expansion. 

The Weinstein Company added 170 theaters for the second weekend of John Carney’s music-minded romance Begin Again, taking in solid grosses. The film grossed $1.316M from 175 runs, averaging $7,520. “We are very happy with the results,” said TWC’s Erik Lomis Sunday. “The film is playing very well with women with a [very high] definite recommend… We feel like we have a movie that’s going to play and play and play.” Lomis added, “The best tool we have to sell the movie is the movie.” TWC will take Begin Again - starring Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo and Adam Levine to around 800 theaters in the coming week.

This and Apes next week? HNGGGGH

• Like 1

"Were you...masturbating?"Everyone in the audience could connect to that. Gotta have the human characters so the GA can have that "ice been there" feeling.

LOL, I remember seeing that for the first time at age 13. Parents were so awkward when my little brother asked what masturbating was on the car ride home

I hope they realize Dragon is a disappointment no matter which way you slice it. DOFP could definitely benefit from double features in order to both stay ahead of Maleficent and get closer to topping X3. 

Yeah, but typically they just go with the most recent release for the studio.  I remember most drive-ins avoiding to show Dragon 2 on OW so that way they didn't have to put Fault with it lol

Transformers had a huge drop, but that had to be expected given the word of mouth and the precedent of Revenge of the Fallen's huge drop over this same weekend five years ago. The race is on for it to top Captain America and Lego domestically, although it's all set to handily dominate all other releases from this year-to-date on a worldwide level.Tammy had a relatively weak opening, although Warner did such an unappealing job with marketing it that a similar film probably would have done much less without someone on McCarthy's drawing level. On a rather dubious note, however, it's the first top opener to fail to clear $25 million over the Fourth of July weekend in thirteen years.Deliver Us from Evil was DOA. So much for it being a horror breakout. This year has been so lean for scares that something is bound to break out in a huge way sooner or later. Just imagine what The Conjuring could have done in a market so starved for horror.22 Jump Street is still performing very nicely.How to Train Your Dragon held solidly. It's looking at a domestic total in the vicinity of Kung Fu Panda 2. It's bizarre that even with a new distributor and marketing team, it fell prey to virtually identical circumstances as that previous sequel. I hope it doesn't dissuade any involved parties from making another film, but we'll see; Panda, after all, was a juggernaut overseas.Earth to Echo had a weak opening, as expected.Maleficent has been one of the summer's biggest success stories, and that's another very good hold. It's comical to watch the contrast between the apparent general audience approval and the vitriol for it on Internet forums.The legs for Edge of Tomorrow make me very happy. It should be able to squeak past $100 million at this rate.

• Like 3

Have we ranked anything in this thread yet?

JawsJurassic ParkThe Dark KnightStar WarsLast CrusadeWrath of KahnBatmanReturn of the JediDeathly Hallows Part 2The AvengersDead Man's ChestThe Lost WorldSorcerers StoneBatman ReturnsSupermanBeverly Hills Cop 2Jaws 2Spider-ManGhostbusters 2Superman 2Temple of DoomSpider-Man 3Batman ForeverStar Trek The Motion PictureEvery Which Way But Loose
  • Like 6

JawsJurassic ParkThe Dark KnightStar WarsLast CrusadeWrath of KahnBatmanReturn of the JediDeathly Hallows Part 2The AvengersDead Man's ChestThe Lost WorldSorcerers StoneBatman ReturnsSupermanBeverly Hills Cop 2Jaws 2Spider-ManGhostbusters 2Superman 2Temple of DoomSpider-Man 3Batman ForeverStar Trek The Motion PictureEvery Which Way But Loose

What's that then?

Nothing against Maleficent but I really hate when people start pulling up these nonsensical, weirdly specific milestones

I remember Pacific Rim's OW

"Biggest non-sequel opening from a Mexican director!"

Said uber specific milestone was crushed in less than three months. :lol:

• Like 5

I remember Pacific Rim's OW

"Biggest non-sequel opening from a Mexican director!"

Said uber specific milestone was crushed in less than three months. :lol:

By who?

• Like 1