Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

Jolie did two Tomb Raider movies

Bullock had Speed 2 and Miss Congeniality 2.  Though it seems like we have different definitions of box office success since you seem to be citing actors that had movies that turned a decent profit, but didn't really break out and make a lot of money.

Edited by ZappBrannigan
  • Like 1

*Maleficent has a good hold*

*Maleficent fans post pics of Jolie's legs.*

*Mulder complains*

*So do other people*

*Cochofles says that the people complaining don't realize that audiences don't care about critics.*

Rinse, Wash, Repeat.

This is one of the funnier posts I've read on here. 

• Like 2

Yeah like 12 years ago.

Recently she passed up Wanted and Salt sequels. Will probably pass up Maleficent sequel if Disney tries it. I'm sure Fox begged for Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Jolie's not a fan of sequels. Good for her though, sequels aren't ultimately needed no matter how successful a film (unless obviously said successful leaves itself open for a potential sequel).

• Like 1

Bullock had Speed 2 and Miss Congeniality 2.  Though it seems like we have different definitions of box office success since you seem to be citing actors that had movies that turned a decent profit, but didn't really break out and make a lot of money.

The Blind Side, The Heat, Gravity, The Proposal those were non sequels that Bullock did that were very profitable and they all broke out.

Some actors don't necessarily need to rely on sequels in order to be successful, some actors though are treated like they're one of the biggest stars in the world because their in a successful franchise even though they're technically not.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 2

Yeah like 12 years ago.

Recently she passed up Wanted and Salt sequels. Will probably pass up Maleficent sequel if Disney tries it. I'm sure Fox begged for Mr. & Mrs. Smith 2.

Okay...was just saying she has done a sequel before. Sheesh

• Like 2

Yeah, nope. Your post makes no sense. Who are you directing it at? The studio? The director? Actors? Lighting? Editors? All of them worked hard. Even if Adam Sandler is shit in Blended, the rest of the crew worked hard to get it made. So, they don't deserve it because the marketing department screwed up. Good one. Stupid comments deserve to be pointed out.

WTF are you on about? :huh: I know it's hard work they do and they do put a lot into it, but if the movie sucks beyond saving they are all to blame as a team and people don't need to shower them with dollars, because they made a movie.

The Blind Side, The Heat, Gravity, The Proposal those were non sequels that Bullock did that were very profitable and they all broke out.

Some actors don't necessarily need to rely on sequels in order to be successful, some actors though are treated like they're one of the biggest stars in the world because their in a successful franchise even though they're technically not.

This. I hate that, actually. Like people act as though Chris Evans is an A-lister big time draw or some shit.

• Like 2

Okay...was just saying she has done a sequel before. Sheesh

How dare your facts get in the way of their arguments!

Well when the "facts" imply stars like Jolie and Bullock depend on franchises to make box office because they each have one flop sequel within a string of standalone hits, they need to be corrected.

• Like 1

Well when the "facts" imply stars like Jolie and Bullock depend on franchises to make box office because they each have one flop sequel within a string of standalone hits, they need to be corrected.

He never suggested that he just said that she did Tomb Raider 2. By the way which one do you guys perfer TR1 or TR2. Two for me. 

• Like 1

or J-Law.  *ducks*

J-Law's a tough one. SLP and American Hustle were hits but those were ensemble. I'm a proponent of the argument that she elevates THG from probably a mid-level hit to a mega-hit due to her out of this world performance and charisma, but it's impossible to quantify that.

I suppose she still has yet to truly prove herself as a standalone draw.

• Like 2