CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Ahhh the F. Can't tell you how many times I heard "due to signal problems at Church Ave/Kings Highway/Jay St/etc". Always something.

The F is a horrible line. Waiting for it on a late Saturday night in Manhattan is just painful and boring.

HTTYD2 experience (will end up with ~3.45x compared to HTTYD1's 5x) should teach us not to expect amazing legs from Apes. Even when sequels have better legs than originals, which is rare, it's not by much. Eg: Even CA2's multiplier will end up barely above CA1's 2.715x despite marked improvement in quality/wom. Bigger previews make it more difficult to have a better multiplier.Rise of Apes was 3.22x with 1.4m in Thursday previews. So great legs for Dawn would mean close to 3x and not much more.

65 X 3 = 195 mil. :(

I'm sure it's a problem everywhere but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Particularly when you rely on it everyday to get everywhere.

I typically give the MTA some slack.  The fact that they are essentially the veins for the entire city and provide millions of people a day a way to avoid having to own a car or navigate New York traffic should be appreciated.  It is a thankless job to run a huge transportation network like the subway.  Typically when there are delays you should either be angry at people who hold the train cars or chose to kill themselves on the track that morning or the state government in Albany who controls the purse strings and should provide them sufficient money to perform maintenance.  The damn thing runs 24/7.  It's a modern marvel even when it shits the bed.

Edited by spatulashack
  • Like 5

Ahhh the F. Can't tell you how many times I heard "due to signal problems at Church Ave/Kings Highway/Jay St/etc". Always something.

It's not unique. Signal problems are a global virus. I was 35 minutes late this week due to signal problems a Hurstville.

I'm sure it's a problem everywhere but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. Particularly when you rely on it everyday to get everywhere.

I drive a car, you communists.
  • Like 11

good thing is dawn is having stronger reception than Rise. That should be enough for stronger legs than even rise. plus early july release means longer summer weekdays compared to rise.

Yes, hopefully that will help. The marketing was absolute shit and the 10 PM decision was dumb. Fox basically did everything they could to sabotage it, but hopefully the WOM will be really good to help it end up with a solid total.

Is it true that you will get shanked if you watch someone in the eyes in the NYC subway?

That was true 30 years ago.  Today, you're more likely to get an impromptu theatrical performance on the subway from some sort of hipster theatre group.

• Like 3

That was true 30 years ago.  Today, you're more likely to get an impromptu theatrical performance on the subway from some sort of hipster theatre group.

The L train. 100% Hipster till Morgan Ave.

I drive a car, you communists.

Except you can spend up to 2 hours looking for parking in the city or you can pay $30 for 10 hours at a garage.
  • Like 1