CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

Am I the only one who thinks they got the titles of the Apes films backwards? The first should have been Dawn (as a beginning) and this one Rise (as an increasing), right?

I've pointed this out a couple of times. It's utter madness.

• Like 2

At the risk of overhyping it...It's one of the best movies I've EVER seen and it affected my like nothing else ever has. I was like Baumer watching Transformers, crying at random times because I was so swept up in the moment and then thinking about how fucking IMPOSSIBLE this movie is when you think about what it took to make and the fact that it works is astounding.

OHH WOW.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks they got the titles of the Apes films backwards? The first should have been Dawn (as a beginning) and this one Rise (as an increasing), right?

Do studios ever have reason? They're making a monopoly movie for crying out loud and they already made battleship :lol:
  • Like 1

Fast and Furious is not a comparable franchise. It's like Harry Potter in terms of non-comparability.

Huh?  You can't compare HP and F&F either, that's just silly.

I mean, the second lost Vin Diesel, the third, lost Paul Walker, the fourth was reuniting, the fifth was the first proper sequel but added the Rock w/o Rodriguez, the sixth the entire ensemble, the seventh Paul Walker died, so really it's a bit fucked up.

There are the first 3, then there are the rest after 4 "resets" the series.  So Fast 7 would be the 4th part of this new "series."  I think that with the release it had, it would have at least matched Fast 6's total, but it would have started to decline from there.  That was my whole point.  You can't look at the series from the start because they changed it up, which is good.  

I don't think the cast would do an 8th though. I mean, if I were in their position, I don't think I would. Make a great last movie and then part ways.

I don't think they are either.  I said, that if he were still alive and they kept going, it would start declining.

• Like 1

I've pointed this out a couple of times. It's utter madness.

Do studios ever have reason? They're making a monopoly movie for crying out loud and they already made battleship :lol:

Yeah, the naming really is quite stupid. What's the next one going to be called?

Probably something like Beginning of the Planet of the Apes or Start of the Planet of the Apes.

No, wait, I've got it: The First Planet of the Apes. That's a perfect name!

• Like 1

Yeah, the naming really is quite stupid. What's the next one going to be called?Probably something like Beginning of the Planet of the Apes or Start of the Planet of the Apes.No, wait, I've got it: The First Planet of the Apes. That's a perfect name!

Dusk of the Planet of the ApesOr Fall of the Planet of the Apes
  • Like 1

Yeah, the naming really is quite stupid. What's the next one going to be called?

Probably something like Beginning of the Planet of the Apes or Start of the Planet of the Apes.

No, wait, I've got it: The First Planet of the Apes. That's a perfect name!

I haven't seen Dawn yet, but I think that if a third movie is made it will just be a remake of the original Planet of the Apes.

I think it will have that title, but I don't think it will be a remake, that would just be silly.  

What? You don't want to see an old Caesar getting into a fist fight with a jerk human astronaut named Taylor? :ph34r:

I thought about this too, yeah the titles should be reversed

• Like 1